Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   new thing is my tank including a baby cherry shrimp =) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/new-thing-my-tank-including-baby-48565/)

kitten_penang 08-02-2010 11:24 PM

new thing is my tank including a baby cherry shrimp =)
 
5 Attachment(s)
:-D
pic 1- is my striped rapheal

pic2 - my cherry shrimp meeting my guppy

pic3- a snail i found wondering in the tank

pic4- a baby cherry shrimp ^.^

pic5- a black neon bones =( guess i'm lucky my shrimps are doing their job well

dfbiggs 08-02-2010 11:59 PM

Well 1st off Congratulations on your baby shrimp..yay!

Questions..is this all in the same tank? how long have all these creatures been living together?

the guppy doesn't mess with the shrimp? And what kind of shrimp is the one eatin the bones?

The reason I am asking is because I have RCS and was afraid to mix them with fish.

Thanks,

Danielle

kitten_penang 08-03-2010 12:23 AM

oh the one thats eating the carcass if ghost shrimp not very friendly to fish as they get up to 2 inch or bigger i've heard up to 4 ". i take out the ghost and feed them to my arowana or flowerhorn and replace them with smaller ghosts or rcs.the rcs are very wonderful addition to a community tank as they are hardworking and do not bother the other fishes including my guppies.yes they all live in the same tank my 104 gallon.this is the link to the tank http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/f...ly-done-47517/ you can see theres a lot of other fish in there =)

kitten_penang 08-03-2010 12:26 AM

almost a month 3 weeks and 2 days i think.no problems so far.have 3 guppy fry's and rcs babbies and anothe preggy female rcs in here so i think the tanks healthy and he fish and shrimp are happy=)

jclee 08-03-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfbiggs (Post 438273)
Well 1st off Congratulations on your baby shrimp..yay!

Questions..is this all in the same tank? how long have all these creatures been living together?

the guppy doesn't mess with the shrimp? And what kind of shrimp is the one eatin the bones?

The reason I am asking is because I have RCS and was afraid to mix them with fish.

Thanks,

Danielle

Adult RCS can be ok with smaller fish species, especially if they have places to hide; babies will get picked off, but how many/how often might depend on how much plant cover there is to hide in, and how well fed the fish are.

Great looking animals, kitten_penang!

dfbiggs 08-03-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jclee (Post 438408)
Adult RCS can be ok with smaller fish species, especially if they have places to hide; babies will get picked off, but how many/how often might depend on how much plant cover there is to hide in, and how well fed the fish are.

Great looking animals, kitten_penang!

Well I have RCS and nerita together right now in my planted atank I only have about 17 RCS nd 9 snails in a 37 gallon so looks really bare. So I was considering fish but I didn't want the RCS to live in fear because my male RCS LOVE to flutter about the entire tank and catching the current rollercoaster. So if I put any fish in I feel like they wouldn't be as comfortable to do this...Thanks for helping be decide again..I keep considering the idea..but now I am firm on not mixing.

zof 08-03-2010 02:33 PM

Wow I like picture #5, crop it down some and put it in the picture competition, it looks really cool.

CSC2334 08-03-2010 06:27 PM

Love all the pictures. Shrimp is my favorite (meal). LOL

kitten_penang 08-04-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jclee (Post 438408)
Adult RCS can be ok with smaller fish species, especially if they have places to hide; babies will get picked off, but how many/how often might depend on how much plant cover there is to hide in, and how well fed the fish are.

Great looking animals, kitten_penang!


thanks =)

kitten_penang 08-04-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zof (Post 438558)
Wow I like picture #5, crop it down some and put it in the picture competition, it looks really cool.


thanks for the idea =) i think i'll do that


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2