Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Someone hacked into my Myspace! :( (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/someone-hacked-into-my-myspace-48493/)

isimek 08-02-2010 12:47 AM

Someone hacked into my Myspace! :(

So... It's gone... someone deleted it. I was wondering if Myspace deleted it...

I logged into my old email, and there was the evidence. Two emails from myspace. One was a password change request, one was a deletion request.

I just want to know why!? Why did someone do it? was it a stranger? did they do it for fun? was it an arch nemesis? :(

I didn't even use it all that often.. but I had a ton of photo's on it.. some I didn't have backed up elsewhere (stupid me!) Art, photos of my baby boy (6 months old now), pets, etc.

I am sorry... I guess I am just looking for some kind of sympathy. Pathetic, I know.

WHY!? :cry:

Mettalikatt 08-02-2010 02:25 AM

Try getting some Anti-phishing/Anti-spyware software. At the very least download an anti-virus free program like AVG FREE. Avast is also reputable. Sorry for your loss!

Romad 08-02-2010 05:41 AM

Well that stinks. Can you contact an administrator on Myspace? Maybe they can trace what happened for you.

iamntbatman 08-02-2010 07:16 AM

I seriously doubt that it was deleted by the Myspace staff. I had a Myspace years and years ago when it was first taking off, never used it after a week or so, then resurrected it a few months back in order to contact some bands. Not only had I not logged in in years, but the email address associated with it is also long dormant. Based on those contact emails it does sound like someone managed to mess with it.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept backups of "deleted" accounts and could bring your page back for you. I think I read somewhere that Facebook does something similar. Good luck getting it back!

tanker 08-02-2010 07:23 AM

Why can't people just mind their own business? That sucks. Yes, ask whether there might be a backup that can be used to restore your page.

isimek 08-02-2010 12:16 PM

When you try to write to Myspace... They send you to a page that has already been written in advance:

"Why was your MySpace profile deleted?
We are serious about keeping MySpace a safe and secure place to socialize with friends.

We've reviewed your request and determined that the profile you wrote us about has been deleted or is in the process of being deleted. This could be the reason why you're unable to log in and/or access the account. The profile may still be visible due to a time-delay in the profile removal process.

If you did not request to have your profile deleted, it's possible that your account was compromised and/or deleted by a third party. In the future, please be sure to keep your log-in and password information private to prevent this from happening.

If the profile was removed by MySpace, it was because of a violation of our Terms of Use which can include a number of issues (inappropriate images, spam, cyberbullying, underage user, etc). Please review our Terms of Use by clicking here.

Please note that once a profile or content has been deleted, it cannot be reactivated." :(

tanker 08-02-2010 12:34 PM

Oh, bad luck. If you start it up again, you'll know now to back up your content.

isimek 08-02-2010 03:04 PM

So... playing on a hunch...

I tracked down my ex boyfriend and messaged him on a fake account.

He said to me:

"Honestly thought you wouldn't guess it was me.
I didn't go through your messages or pics."

It has been over 4 years...

Mettalikatt 08-02-2010 09:49 PM

crazy indeed..

kitten_penang 08-03-2010 02:31 AM

i was a victim of phishing =( she took my account and used it for free sex and web thingi the slut!! anyway yahoo gave me my account back so i changed the privacy settings passwords and got Eset with anti phishing.