Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
- - Nitrate Level (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/nitrate-level-4847/)
I have been doing small water changes on my tank. The nitrate was 80 but now has come down to 40. I cant seem to get it any lower. Should i buy that solution to nutrilise it or carry on with small water changes.
Carry on with the water changes, try to avoid chemicals. They are just temporary solutions.
Four items to note:
1) You did not indicate the type of water which you are using for WC's but if you are using tap water the nitrate concentration in your tap water may be the culprit.
2) Hopefully your ammonia and nitrite concentrations are 0 otherwise the nitrates are being produced by bacteriological digestion.
3) Please note that after 10 10% water changes 35% of the original water and it's impurities still remain in your tank.
4) Plants utilize nitrates as nutrients.
what kind of plants are best and easy to maintain?
Please refer to
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.