Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   What do you do when you cant buy good plants? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/what-do-you-do-when-you-48463/)

Gerardo756 08-01-2010 05:05 PM

What do you do when you cant buy good plants?

What do you do when you cant buy good plants because my lfs stocks plants in tanks with poor lighting, little room to grow (2ftlong 1ft wide 1ft high) and they all are starting to turn brown on the leaves (among other problems) and the tank is full of different snails. What do i do?, can i buy them?, will they recover?

P.S. there are no other fish shops nearby (i live in a remote town) and cannot buy online as i have no credit card.:-(

Thanks for any help.

zof 08-01-2010 05:44 PM

Sweet Aquatics takes paypal (credit card, or checking account), Money orders and checks.

I buy all my plants from them as I have yet to find a fish store with a good selection of plants in my area. Plus you cant beat their prices, if you don't have a checking account then contact them and find out what you need to do to mail a money order to them.

JohnnyD44 08-01-2010 06:02 PM

+ 1,000,000 on sweet aquatics!

they're a great place to get plants from, some of the cheapest I've found too!

Inga 08-01-2010 08:05 PM

I keep hearing great stuff about Sweet Aquatics as well. I did buy plants from my local Petsmart and they were housed much like you describe but they did bounce back well. I found out when they got their shipment and showed up at the store on that day. I got the pick of the plants and have been very happy with them. It took a week or two to start looking really good but they are taking off now. If I decide to get something that they do not carry, I will be going to Sweet aquatics as well.

bones14 08-01-2010 09:00 PM

I used a money order for my order from sweetaquatics.just go to their website,make your order and select money order for the payment method.Mail your money order and when they get it they will e-mail you and your order will be processed and sent.

Gerardo756 08-02-2010 07:09 AM

Thanks for your help you guys are really helpful.

:yourock:

JohnnyD44 08-02-2010 08:07 AM

just a side note, they usually ship on monday or tuesday. They always try and get your plants to you on a thursday or friday. This way they won't sit somewhere over the weekend. Just another great aspect about this company, they care about the plants!

redchigh 08-04-2010 04:49 PM

Also, you say snails like they're a bad thing!

I wish I could buy plants from there- buy a plant, get free mystery snail eggs. :)

dfbiggs 08-04-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redchigh (Post 439322)
Also, you say snails like they're a bad thing!

I wish I could buy plants from there- buy a plant, get free mystery snail eggs. :)

AGREED! Come on people snails are good except for the ones that ate my plants in my planted tank..even when I fed them the whole Belllagio Buffet...those ones will pay :twisted: I will soon have puffers..

dfbiggs 08-04-2010 05:22 PM

Also forgot to mention... and I hate to mention this because I refuse to buy from them but depending on how desperate you are or what types you are looking for W-mart (I can't even say it) has the plant bulbs of onion plants..lillies or what ever plants they expect bettas to eat. You know the 3 pak thing..that way you will be growing them and can give them what they need to look pretty.