Furniture Wood Table Hardwood Wood stain

Table Wood Roof Plywood Floor

Furniture Room Table Floor

Property Roof Plywood Wood Table

Wood stain Wood Table Leather Furniture

Room Technology Electronic device Floor Furniture

Furniture Table Room Hardwood Computer desk

Furniture Aquarium Room Hardwood Desk
Ok,so I'm bored and decided to start this thread for my 50 gal build.I'm thinking about either a SE Asian theme or Rainbows.It will be planted and any opinions or suggestions are welcome.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks ya'll.I've been doing a lot of research on different fish and still haven't made up my mind exactly what I want to do yet.I'm getting some flagstone and tumbled river rock from a friend that's been working on his yard and I know it hasn't been treated with anything.Better yet it's free!I'm also going with a black sustrate.I've still got to buy a filter and a few other small things.
I also just set up a 20 gal for my dad that we have cycling now.I built a stand that holds the 20g and his 5g.I'll get some pics of it tomorrow when I go over.

#7 ·
That stand is very nice, Lee. The entire package is! Black substrate would be perfect in this tank. How long does it take you making it?
Thanks.As far as the time goes,it depends.See my 3 yr old daughter loves to help so it slows me down.It's great though,she has her own tools and I have to cut wood for her to work on when I cut mine.I also let her help me do the staining which she likes most.
Onefish I just haven't gotten to the background yet.I don't know if I want to paint it though.I like to have the option of changing it if get the urge.I used black poster board on my 37g and a dark blue poster board on my 10g that like too.I'm going to try both on this one to see which one I like better.

#6 ·
i suggest painting the background black if you havnt done so already. this will help your fish stand out. i personally would tape the edges and spray a few light coats (more light coats are better then a few heavy ) of black spray paint across the back. if its already filled with water this wouldnt be possible, but you could spray something black in that case and put it behind it. IMHO a black background looks best.
thats def. a nice looking stand you built there too. good job :wink:

#10 ·
that is a great looking stand!! did you build it from scratch yourself? If so, I wouldn't mind some "how-to" instructions :-D I'm lookin for a new stand...

well done so far sir!

Reactions: bones14
#13 ·
Thanks for the compliments.I don't ever draw up any plans.I just have an idea of what I want it to look like and go from there.I built the stand for my dad with wood I had left over from other projects so it didn't cost much,just had to buy a couple of trim pieces.I'm also going to do a canopy for the 50g,just haven't got around to it yet.

#14 ·
I can't wait to see. I am wishing I could get another tank to set up now that I have more of an idea of what I like and dislike. I wouldn't make so many mistakes next time around. Do you know what fish and plants you are adding?

#15 ·
I was thinking either a SE Asian theme or Rainbows.I love the Boesemann Rainbows.As far as plants I'll get a couple of swords,vallisneria,annubias,crypts,java moss,water sprite,and I haven't decided on stem plants yet.

#16 ·
Very cool! I just can't wait to see it. I am always excited to see what other people do with their tanks. Everyone seems to be so talented with Aqua scape, not to mention the cabinet build. WOW!!!

#28 ·
wish i was as handy as you

Reactions: bones14
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.