Tropical Fish Keeping banner

angel fish

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Reun 
#1 ·
is there any angel fish i can put in my 33g with gouramis and congo tetras?

#2 ·
Answer is no. They need a bare minimum of 18 inches height. To add information, there are only 3 angelfish species, Pterophyllum scalare, Pterophyllum altum and Pterophyllum leopoldi. The ones we commonly have are scalares often measuring 6-8 inches in diameter excluding the fins.:wink2:

#4 ·
St6_Devgru said:
you need a super deep tank lol one of our members had a like 8 foot deep tank i think ...ask her haha...
Who, Charles?:question: I don't remember someone with an 8-foot deep tank.:squint:

#5 ·
well im not sure about 8 feet but remember.... like areally deep tank...some thing about a really long gvc...it was one of our regular members possibly even one our mods...either i think of fish to much that im dreaming this up while i sleep but dang, that sure is a realistic dream. but im sure it wasnt a dream. oh well speakin of dreams i shoud be making some right now haha its about 10 pm here. oh wel ok good night everyone

#6 ·
NO!!!! Angels get far too big for a 33 gallon!

Even if you had a bigger tank, the angel would bully around the gouramis.

Besides that, I doubt you have room...how many gouramis and tetras do you have? those tetras get to 3" each, and if you have a school of them (7+), that takes up a large portion of the tank...add a couple gouramis and you are already pushing the limits of your tank...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.