Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Don't touch the phone while driving (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/dont-touch-phone-while-driving-4777/)

Lupin 04-05-2007 02:41 AM

Don't touch the phone while driving

Here's a bit of warning for those who drive cars.:wink2:

This has been proven when my father nearly bumped our van into another one which has just stopped to make a U-turn into another lane after he tried to call someone on the cellphone while driving.:shock: This happened last March 31.:shake: Well, my mother was very angry because she has told him several times already not to touch the phone while driving. Ah well...There's a lesson learned here.:)

Also, I read a newspaper last year and a news was in the 'Offbeat' section about a woman arrested in Indianopolis I think after she was caught driving with a laptop on her lap and a phone in her hand.:shock2: Claims she had been doing it almost daily upon leaving for work.:shock: Her car was caught when it began making swerving movements.:shock:

Edit: Title changed then, Daz.:evil: I feel like a ghost moaning already. Sell-schmell!

Daz 04-05-2007 02:46 AM

Your male Blue, don't even do down the multi-tasking line. You were genetically designed to do one thing at a time WRONG. :roll:

Lupin 04-05-2007 02:50 AM

And what do you reckon was that type of activity my father did? Double-tasking?:question: At least, there's still a warning not to touch the phone while driving.:roll:

Edit: Puh-lease! Never mind the multi-tasking line.:roll:

Melissa 04-05-2007 05:59 AM

umm....i dont have a problem with using my phone while driving. not like i use it all the time but still... :D

Sleepy 04-05-2007 10:10 AM

Driving with a phone in your hand should be forbidden by law.
How often can you see someone creeping over the roads with the phone in the hand ? How often do you see people making mistakes because their attention isn´t on the street ?

I dislike those people´s selfishness. I don´t care if they endager themselves but I do care if they endanger other road user.

leifthebunny 04-05-2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepy
How often can you see someone creeping over the roads with the phone in the hand ? How often do you see people making mistakes because their attention isn´t on the street ?

Like a cell phone is required to cause drivers swerving all over the road. :P

I know in some areas it's a finable offense to be caught with a cell phone.

Falina 04-06-2007 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepy
Driving with a phone in your hand should be forbidden by law.

I dislike those peoples selfishness. I don´t care if they endager themselves but I do care if they endanger other road user.

dont know about where you live but in britain driving on the phone is forbidden by law. you get 3 points on your licence and a hefty fine. you can loose your licence if youre caught as well if youve been caught before or if youve had a couple of speeding fines or whatever. some folk have already lost their licence here for using their phone while driving and quite right!!! if you cant take other peoples safety and lives into consideration while driving you shouldnt have a license anyway!

Sleepy 04-06-2007 09:55 AM

I know it is forbidden in GB. In Germany it is forbidden as well.

However, I am living in California now and it seems people are born with a cell phone sticking on the ear. :roll:

herefishy 04-08-2007 10:14 PM

Talking on the cell phone(if you get a call and must talk, pull over and talk), reading the newspaper, putting on you make-up, and working on the computer(like your e-mails will vanish into cyberdom if you don't read them right away), all should be against the law while driving. Do I hear an amen?

Falina 04-09-2007 09:17 AM

amen!

i rarely drive into uni, usually take the trian, but on the odd ocassion i have driven in i was shocked and appauled at the amount of women who were putting their make up on while driving along the motorway. all be it it was while the cars were moving slow due to heavy traffic but good god! i could hardly believe it!

i have also seen bus drivers with the paper out on the steering wheel while driving! - thats just insane.