Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Who's doing a water change tomorrow morning? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/whos-doing-water-change-tomorrow-morning-47727/)

Mike 07-23-2010 03:12 PM

Who's doing a water change tomorrow morning?

50% scheduled here. The towels will be strewn across the floor in all their glory. My fish will watch as I tempt fate, clutching my orange homer paint bucket, my precarious grip on its wet lip slipping ever more with each step I take towards the aquarium.

Who else has plans to start their weekend with aquarium maintenance?

Inga 07-23-2010 03:45 PM

LOL I start EVERY weekend with aquarium maintenance. Since I am fairly new, It is still kind of fun. I like tinkering around with the fish tank. No bucket for me though. I use my Python to suck the water out and I just use empty water jugs for adding the Prime to the water. It is relatively quick and painless. I might break out my new magnet float and try that on the glass a little even though the Oto's manage to keep it looking pretty darn good. New toy, gotta try it. :)

jeaninel 07-23-2010 06:16 PM

LOL I've been doing w/c's all week. I did the Bettas and Guppies on Monday, the 55 community tank on Wednesday, the 55 cichlid tank on Thursday. I'll be doing the 37 gallon and S/W today. I had to take my 10 gallon QT down as it developed a small leak so that's one less tank to do.

aunt kymmie 07-23-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaninel (Post 430020)
LOL I've been doing w/c's all week. I did the Bettas and Guppies on Monday, the 55 community tank on Wednesday, the 55 cichlid tank on Thursday. I'll be doing the 37 gallon and S/W today. I had to take my 10 gallon QT down as it developed a small leak so that's one less tank to do.

Me too! I have to spread them out or it becomes more like work than a labor of love.

iamntbatman 07-23-2010 11:50 PM

I try to do that, but almost every time I say to myself, "well, I'm already hauling buckets around, why stop at three tanks?" and end up doing them all. A lot of work, sure, but I like being able to sit back and relax once it's all over and not have to worry about doing more water changes the next day.

Ponyo 07-24-2010 01:14 AM

Still cycling the new tank, but will change one-third of the water tomorrow. I'll have to move the dishes away from the sink so I can lug the bucket into the kitchen, dump the water, re-fill, and treat with Prime. Might add some Nutra-Fin and salt in a cup, so my Platy doesn't stress out from the nitrite spike.

willow 07-24-2010 08:05 AM

ha, funny question,i did mine last night.
i was worried though because i had not much dechlorinater left,but everyone
looks ok today.
only one fish tank at the moment.

Romad 07-24-2010 10:48 AM

Just finished up the 6 betta tanks. The 75 gallon is tomorrow morning. Whoo Hoo!!

fish fan 07-24-2010 11:32 AM

weekend water change

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator (Post 429865)
50% scheduled here. The towels will be strewn across the floor in all their glory. My fish will watch as I tempt fate, clutching my orange homer paint bucket, my precarious grip on its wet lip slipping ever more with each step I take towards the aquarium.

Who else has plans to start their weekend with aquarium maintenance?

Water changes are on my agenda today as well. They need it;
2 year old grand daughter came for a visit and she always has to feed Nana's fish. I have to admire her enthusiasm and I'm glad to see another generations interest in aquariums.

GNR1985 07-24-2010 11:45 AM

A 1/4 change on the 40 gal. Plus the beta :)