Tropical Fish Keeping banner

ickaway expiry?

4K views 28 replies 2 participants last post by  dorabaker 
#1 ·
I have some Wardley Ickaway which i must have bought about 3 years ago. it doesn't have an expiry date. can anyone tell me if it would still work? i'm a bit worried about on of my corys and i'd feel better once i'd treated the tank with something. the only other med i have is melafix which i think isn't safe for corys? i've used the ickaway before with corys (half dose i think) and it worked fine.

#27 ·
aah...boiling water...i didn't think of that. couldn't it crack the tank though?

i don't know how much you know about gill flukes but is there a possibility that if fish get to a certain stage even if you kill the flukes the fish'll still die because of damage to their gills? i think that's what happened to my angelfish and i'm worried that's what's happening to my corys.

#28 ·
dont fill it to the brim.how thick is the glass? sometimes i leave a little water at the bottom say 1 inch or more then i splash the wall with the boiling water and let it sit for a while to cool down a little before i start scrubbing.

#29 ·
ok i just meaured the glass its a bit more than 3 mm thick, maybe 4 mm? it's a bit hard to tell.
do you think i could still bleach the airstone though? its gone brown with algae....but it might be hard to get rid of the bleach, although i guess i could turn the pump on and leave it in a bucket of water and that might remove it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.