Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Having an issue with velvet on my dalmation molly. Any suggestions?

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ChamberX25 
#1 ·
I'm using Mardel Coppersafe. I've been treating the tank with the recommended treatment, it's a 37 gallon tank, been monitoring the levels and everything seems to be fine as far as nitrite and nitrate, etc. He's had it for almost two weeks, he stopped rubbing against stuff and seems as energetic as ever. However he still has gold dust on his sides. Any idea on how long it takes? Also, I had to treat in my main tank since I don't have a quarantine one and now my blue gourami seems a little down. He sits at the bottom of the tank alot now, but when I come near the tank he perks up and he'll swim around for hours but if I'm gone for a while he'll be back at the bottom. Not sure if it's the coppersafe bothering him or if it's something else. Any ideas? 37 gallon tank, ph is at 7.6(always is), everything else is in acceptable levels. Just did a major water change the other day and moved stuff around inside the tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.