Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Saltwater Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-fish/)
-   -   Picasso Clowns (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-fish/picasso-clowns-47377/)

aunt kymmie 07-17-2010 11:25 PM

Picasso Clowns

I'm picking up a 75gl tomorrow from a guy who has a pair of Picasso Clowns. Very cute little guys, most beautiful clowns I've seen. They are hosting a nem and he tells me they are spawning. He's getting rid of the 75 gl as he wants to devote all his time to this pair and start breeding, rearing the young for what he says will be big bucks. Not knowing anything about them what kind of money is he talking about? J/curious...

kitten_penang 07-18-2010 02:55 AM

At saltwaterfish.com they are selling them for 100 dollars a fish =)

Romad 07-18-2010 06:17 AM

Just had to Google image them. They are stunning.

LisaC144 07-18-2010 08:29 AM

I have no idea but I must say I was a bit disappointed to hear that you're not looking at it until tomorrow. I was expecting full tank shots with close ups of its new inhabitants by tomorrow :-( That's my selfish side coming out ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

trukgirl 07-18-2010 10:09 AM

I've seen them from $40 to over $100, depending on their markings I believe.

aunt kymmie 07-18-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaC144 (Post 425912)
I have no idea but I must say I was a bit disappointed to hear that you're not looking at it until tomorrow. I was expecting full tank shots with close ups of its new inhabitants by tomorrow :-( That's my selfish side coming out ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Aren't you the funny one! I'm leaving in 10 minutes to go pick it up and it'll be at least a week until you see a full tank shot. It'll take me that long to set it up, get it planted, and the worst part: netting the fish (from my 100gl) that are going into this new tank! THAT part is going to be the nightmare!!

I'd love to get a shot of the guy's Picassos but his reef lights don't turn on until noon! He stay up late and that's when he enjoys his tank. They are stunning fish with incredible markings.

onefish2fish 07-18-2010 01:43 PM

grade As will sell for the most, then grade Bs. it does depend on markings. regardless he could sell them to local fish keepers for easily $30-60 each fish if he wants them to have a fair price tag.
raising clowns isnt as simple as guppies though but in the saltwater side of things they are one of, if not the easiest to get to breed. being successful raising the fry healthy and alive is another story.

the snowflake clowns fetch $800+ from ORA but IMO i dont like them and theyre selectively bred for their white color pattern which to me isnt cool. i guess its opinion based.

aunt kymmie 07-18-2010 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaC144 (Post 425912)
Posted via Mobile Device

Remember when I told you I nearly sliced off the end of my finger last week and had to make a trip into the ER to have it glued back together? Well, the tape just came off of it and it is in no condition to be put into water and using it so the tank is going to have to wait a bit. I'm a morbid person so here's a pic:

thatg33kgirl 07-18-2010 02:42 PM

blargh!

O_o

LisaC144 07-18-2010 02:46 PM

Kymmie! Go get some gauze and wrap it in tape. Maybe some antibiotic cream too. That definitely needs more time to heal. I'll give you an extra week for providing proof ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device