Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Freeze-Dried Bloodworms (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/freeze-dried-bloodworms-463/)

dprUsh83 09-13-2006 12:37 PM

Freeze-Dried Bloodworms

Today I fed my fish freeze-dried bloodworms, their first time ever having them. They went NUTS! They love the stuff, now every time I open the lid they come up to see me, which is fantastic!

It was funny though, they're still adjusting and I wanted to try to feed them out of my hand...you could see the hesitation, but they were like screw it these are delicious! :lol:

Tracy 09-13-2006 09:54 PM

A goldfish living with your cichids? COOL! :D

dprUsh83 09-14-2006 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_gourami45
A goldfish living with your cichids? COOL! :D

It's actually becoming quite funny to me, I think they're all living together that as the cichlids grow they still won't try to eat him. The Blood Parrot is about twice his size, so there is no reason for her not to eat the goldfish. The oscars are only slightly bigger, but don't even nibble. It makes for a really interesting tank when people look in and go, "Is that a goldfish!?" :lol:

Nick 09-14-2006 05:06 PM

Goldfish shouldnt be with other fish like that though...they are major pooper and will just cause problems. But it can be done ;)

dprUsh83 09-14-2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flattrack23
Goldfish shouldnt be with other fish like that though...they are major pooper and will just cause problems. But it can be done ;)

Yeah, I'd love to see him go; especially if they eat him. But it isn't looking like it, and I can't just flush him. Nobody I know would want it, so he's just a part of the disfunctional family haha

Nick 09-14-2006 06:36 PM

yes that is true dont flush the poor little guy...I would just take him back to the LFS, I mean...how much are they like 50 cents

Lupin 09-14-2006 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dprUsh83
Quote:

Yeah, I'd love to see him go; especially if they eat him. But it isn't looking like it, and I can't just flush him. Nobody I know would want it, so he's just a part of the disfunctional family haha

You can't try flushing a fish.:blink: That is a step up to cruelty.
It's best that you give him another tank or back to the lfs.:) Or maybe I'd rather give him to a friend who has a pond.

dprUsh83 09-14-2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue
Quote:

Originally Posted by dprUsh83
Quote:

You can't try flushing a fish.:blink: That is a step up to cruelty.
It's best that you give him another tank or back to the lfs.:) Or maybe I'd rather give him to a friend who has a pond.

That's what I'm saying, lol. That's clearly not an option! He'll continue to live in the tank until nature takes its course!

dprUsh83 09-15-2006 01:29 PM

I found out that my girlfriend's cousin wants a goldfish for her son, so I gave no delay to giving her my goldfish, goldfish bowl, fresh food, and some chemicals to dechlorinize the water!

Then my gf bought another Blood Parrot Cichlid, so I will have to change out 40% of the water one more time per week, but hey....she gave the go ahead for a big aquarium upgrade in a couple months :P