Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Plant ID for me? And a question :)

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Byron 
#1 ·
Just picked up two new plants from work today, but they were in the "Assorted Potted Plants" section.

The first one has a really strong stem, stood straight up when I took it out of the water.

Here's a top view of the leaves:

Also found this:

What sort of care do they need? Root ferts or will liquid be fine? (Seachem Fluorish)

And now my other question:

My Moneywort has started to grow out the top of my tank. Should I clip it or will it be fine letting it grow?

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
3rd one looks similar to my red melon sword but tinier.

#4 ·
Photos 1 and 2 seem to be a Hygrophila, possibly H. corymbosa; the leaf shape and veining looks the same as best as I can tell. This plant seems to have been trimmed from a long, thick stem, and has sprouted side shoots.

Photo 3 I also think is an Echinodorus; won't guess as to species as I cannot see the leaves well enough.

If your Moneywort is left growing along or above the surface, the lower leaves will likely die off. In that case, you can pull it up, cut off the lower part, and replant the top part.

Byron.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.