Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   An introduction :) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/introduction-45314/)

amberjade 06-17-2010 06:24 AM

An introduction :)

Hey all! Thought I would introduce myself. I am an animal nut - I have dogs, birds (a few of my parrots are hand tame and talk etc) and fish tanks of various sizes all over the house! lol Oh, not to mention the chickens. :lol: I'm not new to fish - I grew up with animals, good ole goldfish included. I have since branched out, however!

So here is my current collection of fish -

40 gal community with platies, mollies, guppies, black widow tetras, a BN catfish and.....wait for it......fantail goldfish!!!!!!!! :shock: I know, I know - many of you will say that it's a big no-no. But honestly, I have never done anything by the book. ;-) I haven't done this without a lot of thought and research. And yes, I put in a lot of work to keep things like water quality where it needs to be! It's really quite amazing - my fantails are happy being with the others, and the guppies actually play with the fantails! I haven't lost ANY of them. And my tank has been like this for some time now. :) So it IS possible - it just takes more work.

I have also spent a lot of time on the aquascaping to make sure everyone is happy and healthy. I have rock, planted driftwood, fake plants and real plants. I'm going to attempt to get some good photos of it.

I also have a 5 gal with my crowntail betta and some neon tetras. And another 5 gal with chinese algae eaters (always wanted to do a species tank!). My daughter has a 2 gal with HER crowntail betta.

My female platies, mollies and guppies are expecting (of course! lol) so we shall see what comes of it. I'm going to leave things be and if some survive, cool. If not, oh well. (I'm actually kidding myself - I hate losing animals, even wild mice! LOL)

Look forward to sharing this wonderful fishy addiction with everyone!

Carls

aunt kymmie 06-17-2010 11:35 AM

Hi there, welcome to the forum! You sure do have lots of animals. Looking forward to pics, do you have any you can post and share? We all love pictures! :-)

bearwithfish 06-17-2010 11:55 AM

here?? people like pix?!?!/ Aunt Kymmie what are you talking about? LOL
Welcome she is right there those members who are addicted to Pix (UH COUGH Aunt Kymmie) and they will be very persistent over this fact ...
so again welcome and we look forward to seeing your pix

Romad 06-17-2010 02:47 PM

Hello and welcome.

Sounds like you have your hands full with all those animals :)

willow 06-17-2010 04:34 PM

hello and welcome.
i hope you'll enjoy your time here. :-D

konstargirl 06-17-2010 07:05 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum!!!

iamntbatman 06-18-2010 03:11 AM

Hello and welcome to TFK!

JohnnyD44 06-18-2010 11:16 PM

Howdy! and Welcome!!

Byron 06-20-2010 03:03 PM

:wave: Hello, and welcome to Tropical Fish Keeping forum.

Byron.