Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
-   -   added a fry to the main tank! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/added-fry-main-tank-45130/)

britnyjackson 06-14-2010 09:37 PM

added a fry to the main tank!

5 Attachment(s)
I added my ridiculously large fry to the tank figuring it would be ok since it's so much larger than all the other fry. Almost 3x the size as it's siblings. The awesome thing is that it's doing SOOOO well. The other fish are totally leaving him/her alone!! I love it!! Here are some pics.... I love bein a momma!:-D
Oh spot the fry in the first pic!! lol. totally blending in!

eileen 06-14-2010 11:45 PM

Those are so cute! What kind of camera do you use to take your pictures? Mines a Kodak Easy share and I have a problem getting clear pictures form my camera up close. My Bumblebee platy babies are so cute also. I have different sizes in the fry as mine only had a few spread over in a weeks time instead of all at once which I find strange. I love pictures of the babies. What are your plans for some of the babies? I will rehome some of mine that don't fit my bumblebee pattern that I like. I'm keeping the one Orca looking blk/white baby fry as I call him my Orca as it looks like a Orca whale in pattern and is the only one born like that from my bumblebee platy since losing all my other fry babies from another platy. I expect more births from my fancy guppies and platies as it has been about 1 month since their last drop.

I noticed that you have one of those ph things on the side of your tank. How do you like those? Do they last only for a month? I test my water with a API test kit once a week and do a 25% water change in all my tanks each week.

biokid101 06-15-2010 01:32 PM

omg it is soo big! mine was born before urs and its bigger than mine!! its staying in one spot lol

britnyjackson 06-15-2010 06:48 PM

Thanks Eileen....my camera is a HP photosmart. It's hard to get good pics. I have to tweak the settings and only about 1 out of 10 turns out decent. I'm going to try to keep some of the babies, and rehome the rest. Your fish sound amazing looking! I'd love to see pics!! Even bad pics are better than no pics!! :)) Also the PH and ammonia tester are nice, but I dont look at it as being 100% accurate. I just use it as a little guide line. So if something seems a little off, I still test the water.

britnyjackson 06-15-2010 06:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
He/she's adjusting quite nicely!! :)

biokid101 06-15-2010 08:02 PM

i think its a she it looks fat like mine.i want a female! i am gonna guess and say urs will be female since its fat and it grew bigger than all the other ones.

JohnnyD44 06-15-2010 08:36 PM

great lookin' little fry! great pics!

britnyjackson 06-15-2010 08:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys!! I hope it's a female!! I want to re home all of the males because I'll only be able to keep so many fry. And this big one is my favorite!! I forgot to say. The only two males in the tank we're a mickey mouse platy with orange stripes (some sort of hybrid said the petstore) and a dwarf platy. Hopefully I get some of each!! Here's what the males looked like... Maybe some of the platy's will be dwarf?? :))

biokid101 06-17-2010 10:06 AM

oh i think its dwarf cause the baby is orange..ur female platy looks pregnant again

britnyjackson 06-26-2010 10:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So, the fry is huge now....check it out!! How old before you can sex them?