Tropical Fish Keeping banner

crooked backed guppies

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  kitten_penang 
#1 ·
Help my fish are being picked off one by one They start out getting very thin then the backbone begins to bend. takes weeks then death. What do i have?

#2 ·
(censored) :)... start your own thread and post what kind of fish you have, size tank, water parameters and a description of what is going on.

#3 ·
I have a really good book about Fancy guppies written by Stan Shubel a high Qty guppy breeder. I looked up bent spines. it said that overcrowding can lead to bent spines or other deformities, so be sure to always provide enough room for the guppies to grow and thrive. Also with a overcrowded tank comes not so good water quality. For good health the water should have water changes more often with a crowded tank.They get Fin & tail Rot when the water is not good. Do not overfeed them as this will make the water go bad sooner. If you have to many guppies in your tank then that might be the problem.

#4 ·
the males tend ti bite or nibble at each other too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.