Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Aquarium Photography (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/aquarium-photography/)
-   -   How to get good pictures (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/aquarium-photography/how-get-good-pictures-447/)

dprUsh83 09-11-2006 06:18 PM

How to get good pictures

Sometimes my fish are in a good position for a picture, but by the time my flash goes off the picture gets messed up--if I turn flash off, the shutter speed goes so slow there is no way for me to hold it still enough for a good shot.

When I figure out how to get good pictures I'll be sure to link some! :P

SKAustin 09-12-2006 09:17 PM

With most digital cameras, there is a delay that occurs while the camera's autofocus adjusts. If you press the button half way, the autofocus will adjust, hold the button halfway and re-adjust your focus on the subject by increasing or decreasing your distance from the subject, then once youve achieved the desired focus, push the button the rest of the way.

SKAustin 09-12-2006 09:18 PM

Also be sure to keep the camera at an angle to the glass to avoid flash reflection.

crazie.eddie 09-12-2006 10:16 PM

Typical digital cameras are made for single "stand still and shoot" photos and do have a delay in processing the phot before the shot is taken. SLRs or Digital SLRs can handle movement and are practically instantaneous when the button is pressed.

One thing that may help is if your camera has a setting AS setting for high speed photos. Typical shots are at 400, but if you want motion shots, you should try shots from 800 or higher.

Tracy 09-15-2006 11:43 PM

Yeah, I have that problem, too; so much of a delay with the camera that the fish have moved out of the way by the time the photo is taken :( and yeah, I have posted pics with camera flash in them, not great.

fiona 09-22-2006 03:00 PM

the best pic iv got of my fish are with my mobile phone camera.

it doesnt bother the fish as you can get up close without having a big camera in your face.

i dont need the flash on either as there is enought lifht in the tank to get a good shot.

fishmom3 10-21-2006 01:37 AM

Yes like crazie-edie said you need a fast setting because the fish are always in motion.I just bought a new camera with a 100- 1600 iso range and a 12x optical zoom and now my pictures are great. :D

orson 10-21-2006 06:25 AM

Top tip from me ...Make sure your glass is clean on the inside and out.
:blueyay:

Aysh.

^angel^ 12-01-2006 11:06 PM

i dont have a camera yet, but when i get one i will try to keep these specs in mind. =)

fish_4_all 12-04-2006 04:23 PM

Clean glass is a great one. I always fogret and see everything in the pictures. I also started using the timer and a tripod or something to sit the camera on. I am so shaky that I can almost never get a steady picture.