Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   10g. planted with barbs and corys (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/10g-planted-barbs-corys-44557/)

doughnut 06-06-2010 09:19 PM

10g. planted with barbs and corys

4 Attachment(s)
Hey all, well up untill a few days ago I've had a 10gallon with plastic plants and 5 Cherry Barbs. Well I finally decided to change that! I added two Wisteria, one Amazon Sword, one Red Ludwigia and one Corkscrew Vallisneria. I also added six Three Line Corys! I've been looking for them for about 4 months now and was in the right LFS at the right time. Enough talk..more pics!

Michael

xrayjeeper83 06-06-2010 09:29 PM

Love the tank

britnyjackson 06-06-2010 09:31 PM

Looks great!! Post as many pics as you can!! We love pics here!! :))))

willow 06-07-2010 03:16 AM

this really is a pretty tank.
well done. :-D

konstargirl 06-07-2010 12:15 PM

I love the pictures!! <3 How long did you have he tank for?

doughnut 06-07-2010 08:16 PM

Thanks very much everybody.

xrayjeeper83- thanks, it took me a lot of time actually to get everything I wanted. About once a week I'd go to three different LFS, one chain and two locally owned. It seemed that everytime I went they were out of the fish I wanted and had a bad plant selectoin. Patience I guess!

britnyjackson- yeah I would post more but ugh my corys are a bit camera shy right now. I'm trying to get them used to me being in front of them and taking pictures of them but I guess they just need more time.

willow- thanks very much. ha I really did worry about placement and decor...and I guess I still don't love it. I think I'll wait and let it fill in more before I do much anything else though.

konstargirl- I've had this tank for about a year now. Doesn't seem like it's been that long though! Now I get to start saving money to get supplies for my 55g!

Michael

doughnut 06-10-2010 05:33 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Hey all again. Thought I'd update a few things. Trimed and moved some plants around, added a black background and got the corys to smile (make special note of what I call "The Cool Corys Corner". Lemme know what yall think!!

Thanks!

Michael

Inga 06-10-2010 05:56 PM

Very nice!:-D I really like the blue rocks in your aquarium. I saw them in the store and wasn't sure if I would like them but I really really do.

konstargirl 06-10-2010 08:23 PM

I love the plants. Are you getting more in the future? I just have fake plants and they received alot of shelter to my fishes. lol

doughnut 06-10-2010 08:37 PM

Inga thanks If I remember right it was the only color they had at the time lol. But hey it works right? lol

Konstargirl Yeah there is a plant that the LFS didn't mean to give me located in the right front corner of the tank and it's flowly faiding. I was told that it may not be a true aquatic plant and may die. Soon I think I'm going to toss it and get a Cabomba plant. After that I think I'm just going to let them grow in and do their thing!

Thanks so much yall!

Michael