Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Cichlids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/)
-   -   Deformed Angel. Krib pair? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/deformed-angel-krib-pair-441546/)

CrazedHoosier 08-10-2014 11:35 PM

Deformed Angel. Krib pair?

I went to the pet store today, and after an hour of observation, I decided on a golden Veil Tail Angel! This is where the problem begins (lol). When I got in my car I noticed 1. The employee didn't get the Angel I specifically told her to get 2. Some of its tail fin rods had been messed up. When I got home, got it acclimated, and put it in, I noticed it was swimming funny and had split venturals (spelling?). As I looked closer I also noticed that it's pectoral fins are pointed up, instead of to the side. Other then that it's very healthy looking. Also, I was wondering about the Kribs. Should I just do 1 now or a pair? Or should I just get another Angel? Btw, I busted a myth (probably already been busted), but I put my Angel with my female Bettas and they get along AMAZINGLY! No nipping, no flaring! I really don't like certain fishes hypes and false accusations. Also, love my Angel and not taking it back because of deformities!

CrazedHoosier 08-10-2014 11:43 PM

Just realized I said deforned in the title.... awkward spelling error!

tankman12 08-10-2014 11:54 PM

What size tank?
45 right?

I have 8 female bettas with my angel. People say it is impossible. I guess they are incorrect...
Posted via Mobile Device

CrazedHoosier 08-11-2014 03:46 PM

It's a 30. Is that all the Cichlids I should put in there? I don't want to run into anymore territory issues; tankman12 knows what I'm talking about.

tankman12 08-11-2014 03:48 PM

I would say just the one angel. You can get a pair of kribs as well. Just get a bushynose pleco so it eats the eggs. Unless you want breeding.
Posted via Mobile Device

CrazedHoosier 08-11-2014 04:36 PM

Wow, that's great! Thanks for the info!

Romad 08-12-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazedHoosier (Post 4943858)
Just realized I said deforned in the title.... awkward spelling error!

All better :)

CrazedHoosier 08-12-2014 10:17 AM

:lol:Thanks! Now I don't have to feel so stupid everytime I see my own post!

Agent13 08-12-2014 04:06 PM

Yes, I too have kept angels with betas. They seem fine as long as personality matched properly . There are many a myth about betta keeping ;-). I always appreciate when others tell their experience with bettas and other fish so the myths can slow down. Hopefully with time your angels fins will grow properly a little.. if it's not full grown yet. Best of luck :-)

CrazedHoosier 08-12-2014 04:29 PM

Yeah, my little baby Angel is such a sweetie, he's a little over quarter sized. Although, with fins he's easily the biggest in the tank (tank full of babies). He gets along amazingly with my Honey Dwarf Gourami and female Bettas, let's hope when they're all adults they'll be this peaceful still!
Posted via Mobile Device