I have 8 Gallon Tank with 6 Neon Tetra in it. My water parameter are normal. I am using Flourish as my Fertilizer.10 hours a day 24 watt light. Day before yesterday what I see in my tank is green hair algae on my plant. As it was very less I remove it and there is no green algae now. I stop light for whole day.And today morning suddenly I see some brown spot on my all plants I think it is brown algae. Now I wanted to know that how to remove it.
I was thinking to some Red Cherry Shrimp in my tank to get reed of Algae but I could not find it in market. But still I will search in the market I get but can you people suggest me some small fish which work as algae eater which can be compatible for my Neon Tetra and my 8 Gallon tank.
How long has your tank been set-up? Brown algae, which are actually diatoms are quite normal in newly established planted tanks. I went through the same thing in my 55G tank when i convereted. If it looks like somone sprinkled cinnamon on your plants, then that's it. There not much to removing it, you simply wipe it off your leaves and side of tanks and pick up during your next water change with a gravel vac. It'll dissapear after a whille, mine took about 2 or 3 weeks.
Look into the above before you buy fish just for the purpose of removing your algae, unless you're looking to keep them in your tank
One quick question, you said you leave you lights on for .10 hours a day? Meaning what? Did you mean to say you use them for 10 hours a day and that perky period jumped into the wrong spot?
Hope this helps
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.