Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   havn't been on in a long time (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/havnt-been-long-time-43653/)

PrincessBetta 05-25-2010 10:28 AM

havn't been on in a long time

Wow, its been a long time since I was last on here. I even forget what I posted about. I am assuming about my betta. Well I have 3 bettas now and a bunch of other fish.

Dexter was my first betta. He has a purple-ish body and red finnage. Dexy is a veiltail. Hes doing great and is spoiled rotten. Sassy was my second betta. She has a gold body and red fins. Julius was my last betta I got. Hes an orange crowntail. Hes kinda of a brat too lol. Hes beautiful though.

A few months back I rescued 2 baby platys. This chick kept them in green water filled with poo. SHe told me she just wanted them to die. So I told her I would take them. I put them in with other platies and they were doing fine. There names were Ponyo and Sosuke. Sosuke recently passed away sadly. He never grew. He was just a tiny bit bigger then a fry. Ponyo has grown some. My friend told me that they might not make it cuz of the horrible care they were given. That the reason they werent growing was cuz they had organ damage. So RIP Sosuke!! Ponyo is still alive. Shes a little character though. I got a bunch of platies to put in her. Gypsy and DaVinci passed away. Gypsy was a black platy and DaVinci was a tuxedo. But I got more. Here is a list of their names and colors.

Ponyo - golden wagtail
Sushi - golden mozaic
Calypso - marble
Finn - king cobra
Bubbles - blue mickey mouse
Hydra - redtail white calico
Triton - gold

Those 7 platys are in a 20 gallon with a swordtail (Poseidon) and a flame tetra (Dante) and 2 of these fish who I had no idea what they are. All the fish I have except the bettas were rescues. This past saturday I got the 20 gallon and a bunch of fish from this girl who was moving and couldnt keep them. I wasn't sure all I was getting. I did research and I am rehoming some of the fish. The ones I don't mention are in the process of finding homes. I also read flame tetras are schoolers. So I am unsure if I can keep him or not now. But I like Dante. Anyways here are the other fish.

I have 3 Adolfoi Cories ( Splish, Splash and Squirt)
4 Guppys - Monstro, Dunk, Diablo and Dinky)

I also have what appears to be a cloud minnow. Which is what my first thought was that the 2 bigger fish in with my platys are. All 3 have the same color and pattern. But the other 2 were so much bigger which is why i kept them with the platys which this little guy is in the the cories and guppys. Whatever the 3 fish are they have names too (Tipsy, Bitsy and Mitsy)

Those are all my fish. I will post a picture of the unknown fish here sometime in hopes someone can help me figure out what it is and if i should put the small one back in. The fish who are being rehomed are 2 black mollys, 1 balloon molly, 2 white juvenile mollies and a chinese algae eater. I fell in love with the algae eater but they get huge. Anyways thats all up to date on my fishies.

OMG I can't believe I forgot. Hes not a fish but hes an african dwarf frog. Hes also in with my platys. I got him for that girl who needed to rehome a bunch of fish.

PrincessBetta 05-25-2010 11:02 AM

here is a picture of the fish. Sorry its not clear. Its the best picture i could get of her.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/s...cture002-6.jpg

PrincessBetta 05-25-2010 11:03 AM

oh also, yes the tank is on the floor right now. It didn't come with a stand. I am actually on the lookout for a stand or table or dresser to put it on.

aunt kymmie 05-25-2010 11:03 AM

Welcome Back! :-)

PrincessBetta 05-25-2010 11:08 AM

PrincessBetta 05-25-2010 12:36 PM

i hope someone knows what kinda fish that is. Because I am not sure if I should keep her or rehome her. I already have someone with a huge 110 gallon tank interested in the mollys and algae eater. :)

iamntbatman 05-26-2010 03:14 AM

Welcome back! Kind of hard to tell from the picture, but that looks like a female livebearer of some kind (a platy, I suppose).

PrincessBetta 05-26-2010 09:21 AM

I don't think shes a platy. I think shes some sort of molly. I took her and her sister out and put them with the other mollys. They were picking on the platys relentlessly. All my tanks are calm now. Now I am looking for someone to adopt these mollys. There are 7 of them altogether. So if anyone on here wants them just let me know. I live in northeast ohio.