Tropical Fish Keeping banner

55g Transformation

13K views 39 replies 6 participants last post by  LouzZ 
#1 ·
i was making some changes on my 55g tank and i decided to "re-start" it, so i'll post pics daily so you see the changes on it. will be buying a protein skimmer soon. currently: live rock, live sand, lunar wrasse and a blue head wrasse.

Before:

After:

Day 1:

*More to come*

See less See more
#3 ·
thank you for yout comment. Currently was cleaning the coraline on the front glass. wait for the night for some new pictures :) the water is clean now. on the day 1 pics the water was a little bit foggy. New Pics this night!

#5 ·
i really like the look of your tank but if i may be critical for a moment... your rock looks a little tightly packed.. this will no doubt not interfere with the filtration properties but does it not slow down the flow of water through the tank creating dead spots and such? i only ask because i am still very new to salt water and this was a suggestion given to me that has helped my tank tremendously.... but other wise wow wow wow that looks incredible :)

#6 ·
thanks for your comment, but i beleive i got no dead spots, because my anemone was between 2 rocks and she was like swimming, and right now she's in another place, but i think thats because i have a nice power head :) tomorrow I'll be adding more Live Rock and possibly some polyps :D and maybe some fishes. I get them at the beach ;) all i have on my Tank is caught at the beach, i havent bought anything but the tank, filter, lightning. even the water is from the beach

#7 ·
that is so cool... we are going to the coast this week end but the most i could get for mine would be some sand. sea weeds and perhaps some rock if i find any... but the water is so cold up here that if i put anything in my tank i would most likely kill it....

#9 ·
still would not work here i am in the north eastern part of the US and the water is way colder than my tank (25-30 degrees cooler)... but i have recently been reeding on doing a cold water tank.. perhaps in a few years i will consider one just not now i need to really get my tropical one where i want it...

#10 ·
Beautiful tank i want to start a saltwater tank so bad sadly no room right now lol. But yea its a beautiful tank and great coral work really inspiring.(?)

#15 ·
today i bought a Protein Skimmer, 1 Blue Regal Tang, 1 Ocellaris and 1 Anemone. I dont know how this Protein Skimmer works, I called a friend that told me a bit through the phone, but I'll wait till tomorrow to see if the Skimmer works. By the way, I forgot to upload yesterday pictures, I'll upload them today. Also you'll se my newest additions today :) they are small and cute :)

#19 ·
just some advice, you should really slow down when adding things, the tank needs tog et used to having one fish, and then you add another so it has to get used to 2 and so on. i would only add 1 or 2 fish per week so the tank doesnt spike.

#20 ·
thanks for the advice ;) those fish where in this tank but were moved because I transfered my wrasse here, but will trade him for a Yellow Tang tomorrow :D

#23 ·
got some polyps and a baby puffer I found at the coast. new pics in a minute. Have to treat my Blue Tang... Has Ich :/ maybe i buy a cleaner shrimp if it works or will buy the Ich medicine for him... dont want him to die so soon...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.