Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   Planted 75 gallon (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/planted-75-gallon-43569/)

lionhead 05-23-2010 11:39 PM

Planted 75 gallon
 
4 Attachment(s)
Future home of 12 Platnum Blue angels...they arrive tomorrow.FEDEX..can't wait..

teddyzaper 05-24-2010 12:10 AM

not to be nosey but how much were the blue angels, im looking to get some

teddyzaper 05-24-2010 12:11 AM

ugh, where is my manners. that is a BEAUTIFUL tank.

lionhead 05-24-2010 12:36 AM

blue angels
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by teddyzaper (Post 389857)
not to be nosey but how much were the blue angels, im looking to get some

I got them from a breeder in michigan, check on aquabid.com..I got 12 angels for 35$ and delivery was free..there dime an nickel size from differant parents..I'll post pictures so ya can see what I got..

Romad 05-24-2010 07:31 AM

Nice job on the planting. I'm setting up the same size this week (rehousing my 45 gallon monsters) and want to go with live plants.

I'm looking at your substrate and notice the size of the gravel. Is there something underneath or did you just go with the gravel?

Pep 05-24-2010 09:06 AM

Very nice planting. I like the dw

Alienbetta1 05-24-2010 10:08 AM

Lovely tank!

lionhead 05-24-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 389962)
Nice job on the planting. I'm setting up the same size this week (rehousing my 45 gallon monsters) and want to go with live plants.

I'm looking at your substrate and notice the size of the gravel. Is there something underneath or did you just go with the gravel?

I had lionhead goldfish befor this tank, had 100 lbs of gravel, could not throw it away. looked around and found a producd by API (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals) it's call First Layer Pure Laterite 20$ a box, you mix it with your gravel. One box per 55 gallons, I used 2 boxes in my 75 gallon...SO much cheaper than any other product on the market I could find....and you can see..it works great...this tank is 4 years old....

Romad 05-24-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionhead (Post 390034)
I had lionhead goldfish befor this tank, had 100 lbs of gravel, could not throw it away. looked around and found a producd by API (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals) it's call First Layer Pure Laterite 20$ a box, you mix it with your gravel. One box per 55 gallons, I used 2 boxes in my 75 gallon...SO much cheaper than any other product on the market I could find....and you can see..it works great...this tank is 4 years old....

Thanks. Hopefully the "specialty" fish store i'm buying the tank from will have it or something similar.

lionhead 05-24-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 390049)
Thanks. Hopefully the "specialty" fish store i'm buying the tank from will have it or something similar.

You can find it @ petmart...also I use LEAF ZONE plant food, also by API, I use it every other week, Not as suggested on the bottle..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2