Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Nano Reef (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/nano-reef/)
- - GradyBaby16's 15 gallon build (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/nano-reef/gradybaby16s-15-gallon-build-42869/)
GradyBaby16's 15 gallon build
Ok heres my new 15 gallon saltwater tank with custom built stand and custom built 10 gallon refugium. Any ideas, concerns, stocking, suggestions, criticisms are all welcome, please the more the better...The first is my 10 gallon which i was going to use until i got the 15 and other ten now its all been moved to the 15 and the water has been since cleared here goes
Also if you see my refugium under the white crate type holes, what do you think can fit in that small block and will grow well and is beneficial for my tank?
Let me know if you have n e questions or request additional photos
What is that tube going into the empty juice bottle for??
Love your hood & stand!
Your sump is giving me ideas.....
And what is that Seachem monitor stuck inside your sump??
The tube going into the juice bottle is from the protein skimmer, instead of letting it fill up and replace which is hard because of hight clearance and stuff i just attacthed the tube to an optional drain plug and ran it into an empty bottle which also allows it to last longer before changes, and the seachem monitor is to measure the ammonia level. Since then ive placed a temperature one down there as well, do you think i should place a temperature sticky on the display tank as well or not needed?
In the first picture you can get a better view of the protein skimmer im using and you can see the black plug i removed and attached the hose to :D
ok first thing first ..... WOW great job on this set up :) .... i really like what you have done with it.... the only thing i would suggest for potential changes would be to add an all glass hood to both tanks.... the logic here is they will greatly reduce the amount of evaporation from the tank, and also protect your electronics in the event o a bump or other disturbance that may cause them to fall in. i also have to say thank you for this post because i had not thought of marking the max and minimum levels on the glass like that.. as i am starting to build my sump i am always on the look out for cool little tricks like that.. thank you A LOT!!!.... and i know i said itonce but really really great job on this tank so far...
YAYYYY im doin sumtin right lol..... yes i want glass hoods especially since i jsut got new lighting for display tank and its being held up wit lke two plastic bars lol.... i need glass for my electronics as well as heat definitly for top tank...thnk man
OK, i threw in my GSP puffer fish to help fasten the cycling process and he seems fine..... im ready to put in live rock and some Macro algae but i need help.
1) For a reef tank its about 1.75 pounds of live rock per gallon right?
2) If you look at my sump, in the middle section where the white grate looking thing is, ok do i place algae on top of that or do i place algae under that
3) Do i need something down there for it to grow in i.e. live sand, mud
4) what is the best algae to get and what invertebrates can i put down there that wont eat the algae
5) should i keep my GSP in the tank during all of this or should i remove him back to his proper tank so he wont eat things off live rock by the time i put saltwater fish in and coral, reef , SO BASICALLY can i leave the GSP in here with the live rock or will he mess up the process
(THE GSP IS NOT LIVING IN THIS TANK WITH MY OTHER FISH, ONLY USING TO CYCLE)
6) Is it ok to drop in some snails for him to eat while the live rock and alage is cycling or would this ruin the levels, and instead i should just remove him back to his 37 gallon and feed him there
THANKS, FOR N E HELP
Oh yeah and for number 3 about the livesand, or mud in my refugium, if it is necessary i use this can i just steal some from my display tank lol....OH AND PICTURES :D
Where's your live rock???
That little puffer is cute :)
Yah thats the problem, i cant determine if its ok to leave the puffer in with the live rock or will he eat everything off the rock, i threw in some ghost shrim and snails today and he tore them apart lol...... so im worried on whether or not to have him in with the live rock until i get my real stock
he should be fine with the live rock, but dont put him with anything but the rock and sand. also, the sump is a wierd design, i would put the algea in the left side and put something over the intake/exaust. also, i would put some mud or sand in there, it will add stability to your tank. ALSO i would add some base rock in your refuge, so that it will turn into live rock, and support the tank. you can get live rock rubble that doesnt look good but is great for a sump/fuge.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.