Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Freshwater Aquarium Equipment (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-aquarium-equipment/)
- - New Canister filter, how often do I clean and input/output Q (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-aquarium-equipment/new-canister-filter-how-often-do-4283/)
New Canister filter, how often do I clean and input/output Q
Okay so I got my first Canister filter and have a few questions, the directions are minimal and I want to make sure I do it right. The tank is 65 gallons.
1. It says to clean the foam every 3 months and everything else replaced monthly, is that true? How often should I be cleaning vs replacing?
2. When I clean the tank, do I turn it off and then if so do I have to empty it to prime it again?
3. If the output is too strong causing my plants to sway and lean will a spray bar be better?
Sorry for the dumb questions but I am so new to this type of filter I am used to HOB's.
I always go by the flow rate of the filter to determine when to clean...The carbon if you have it, will need replacing 6 weekly so it's probably advisable to give everything a clean then.
You should not need to prime the filter as long as you close the taps and then switch the filter off.
The plants should build up some extra strength to cope with the flow but if you feel it's too much, add the spray bar
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.