Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Brackish Water (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/brackish-water/)
-   -   Fiddler crab help please (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/brackish-water/fiddler-crab-help-please-42772/)

Fishhobbiest 05-11-2010 01:43 PM

Fiddler crab help please

I have read that fiddlers should be pretty active. Mine is VERY lethargic she hardly moves and doesnt really seem to have an appetite. I did just move her to a new aquarium perhaps this is a reason? she is by herself in an aquarium set up for fiddlers. any advice?

Fishhobbiest 05-11-2010 03:28 PM

Bump

redchigh 05-11-2010 03:36 PM

Well , you know they have to come on land occasionally, right?

Also, is she eating?
What do you feed her?

mattbak73 05-11-2010 04:02 PM

I have 3 male fiddler crabs and they are always running around. The ones i had before just laid there and never went in to the water turns out i had ammonia poisoning. Now the 3 i have are all over the tank and always waving their big claws at everything. The smallest one is friends with the sucker fish and sits on its back all the time. The other two rule the castle and wave their claws none stop.

Fishhobbiest 05-11-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redchigh (Post 381831)
Well , you know they have to come on land occasionally, right?

Also, is she eating?
What do you feed her?

Yes I know her tank is designed for her. she has sloping landscape right out of the water and i see her in and out of the water. No she is not eating at all. I was feeding her crab pellets and she ate them but now she will not. she just leaves them lay its been 2 days without a meal. im worried bout her. should i maybe figure out a way to try and put her back in the other aquarium with the mollies? she ate when she was in their tank. I had to move her because as I bought things for my tank the required the water level be raised near the tanks top and my crab could easily get out

mattbak73 05-12-2010 12:43 AM

have you tested for ammonia?

Fishhobbiest 05-12-2010 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattbak73 (Post 382250)
have you tested for ammonia?

No i haven't but the water she is in is brand new and she is the only thing in it. I could be wrong but even if the cause was from the other tank I dont think it could be ammonia because i only just started the tank not even 5 days ago

mattbak73 05-12-2010 04:31 AM

could be that could be temp or lack of the right water maybe to much clorine or could just be lonely. idk the facts are out there but it never seems to be that simple.

Fishhobbiest 05-12-2010 08:28 PM

well I redid her aquarium today gave it sand instead of gravel and i made the water brackish. was waiting for my pay check to get the salt so ill see if that helps her out any