Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Aquarium Clubs and Events (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/aquarium-clubs-events/)
-   -   Anyone in Western MA? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/aquarium-clubs-events/anyone-western-ma-42742/)

Castro235 05-10-2010 08:34 PM

Anyone in Western MA?

Hey there, I've been on here for a short while, and I'm still new to the hobby, and since there's really noone I know in the area that has fish(other than a few lfs, 2 out of 3 that I don't trust lol) I was curious if maybe there was a group I wasn't aware of, or maybe some people around the area who would be interested in starting something up, or just getting together.

I know there is the Worcester Aquarium Society, but that's an hour away from me, and meet up once a month on tuesday nights, which just seems like it's mostly for auctions anywho.

I'm around the Six Flags area, and although I'm still new to the hobby within the past few months, I also spent a few months out of work and doing nothing but reading into all of this lol, so I might even be able to add an extra noggin to a group.

Anyway, if anyone knows of anything around the area, or just wants to get together or something, let me know here, or you can PM me or something.

Anthony

bearwithfish 05-11-2010 08:16 PM

i reasponded to your post in the other thread i think its a good idea just have to see how much intrest is out there.. i did not realize you were so far from me LOL i am up in the north western corner !!!!

kuklachica 07-22-2010 06:04 PM

My husband is from Western MA (Shelburne Falls area, REALLY western MA!). There is a very good pet store there, Animal Crackers, in Greenfield. Maybe give them a call and see what they know? They were very knowledgeable when I shopped there in the spring.

bearwithfish 07-22-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuklachica (Post 429243)
My husband is from Western MA (Shelburne Falls area, REALLY western MA!). There is a very good pet store there, Animal Crackers, in Greenfield. Maybe give them a call and see what they know? They were very knowledgeable when I shopped there in the spring.

i hate to laugh but that is not "really western MA" i am in North Adams 5 min to NY 5 min to VT grean field is like 45 min away West LOL but i may look them up

kuklachica 07-22-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearwithfish (Post 429265)
i hate to laugh but that is not "really western MA" i am in North Adams 5 min to NY 5 min to VT grean field is like 45 min away West LOL but i may look them up

HA! True! I am so used to people calling Springfield western MA, that when I tell them my husband is from greenfield area they're like, oh WOW - waaaay western MA! haha! Yeah, North Adams beats Greenfield. I went to school at SUNY Albany and routinely had to drive over Florida Mountain to visit my bf (now husband) on the weekends. Not fun in the winter!!

bearwithfish 07-22-2010 06:37 PM

lol was not attempting to be critical but we get forgotten often and yeah that is a nice ride i beenon the trail since i was a kid (34 years) and i still drive it weekly !!! love the drive no matter the weather