Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
- - What to do with my 44g tank? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/what-do-my-44g-tank-42554/)
What to do with my 44g tank?
Hey guys. I originally use my 44g tank as a tank for fry. But since the platy/molly fry seem to grow so slowly in it, idk if I feel like raising them anymore.
Thinking of converting this tank into something else.
This is what I was considering converting the tank into:
1. A tank with only platies. Some of my favorite fry would grow up in there and produce babis of their own. Creating a wide variety of different colors. I have some pretty cool red wag/bumblebee platy cross fry that looks like it's going to be red with black spots... =)
2. Buy 5-6 small angelfish, and attempt breeding again. When I get a pair the rest will go back to the LFS and I will keep the pair mostly alone and try to raise angelfish fry.
3. Was thinking of trying my hand at discus maybe since they are so beautiful. But they seem to get large, and idk if a 44g would be large enough.
Any feedback appreciated! =) Tell me what you think I should do with it... also open to other ideas. ^_^
Is this a hex tank?
Yes, a 44gl is way too small for discus, and they need ample swimming room which a hex does not afford.
Ok. :) Well I'll cross that off the list.
I also could just keep it a fry grow out tank. =O
Well, a tall tank like that really does sort of scream "angelfish" to me. I'm not sure you'd have enough room to keep 5-6 adults in there but buying that many juveniles, waiting for a pair to form and then rehoming the rest could be an option.
Hmmm, I do want to try some more angelfish. :) But, I have hard basic water of about 8 PH... so... idk how that's going to work... Unless I start buying it from the store which could be an option if they have softer water.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.