Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   Why can't they hold still for a picture? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/why-cant-they-hold-still-picture-42513/)

TexasTanker 05-06-2010 08:32 PM

Why can't they hold still for a picture?

4 Attachment(s)
Here's some of the inhabitants of the tank that started my little dip into madness. :lol:

tanker 05-06-2010 08:36 PM

I know what you mean. Thank goodness for digital cameras. I wouldn't be able to take any photos at all if I had to waste film on 99.9% of the photos. Your cories seem to have done a good job of keeping still, though. Good fishies:-)

TexasTanker 05-06-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanker (Post 378810)
I know what you mean. Thank goodness for digital cameras. I wouldn't be able to take any photos at all if I had to waste film on 99.9% of the photos. Your cories seem to have done a good job of keeping still, though. Good fishies:-)

You'll notice the most in focus shot of the bunch is all their butts. :shock:

xrayjeeper83 05-06-2010 09:27 PM

Ya I alwasy hate tryin to get pictures of my fish. very hard to get them to pose correctly

teddyzaper 05-06-2010 11:11 PM

put come drowzy medicine like tylonol pm in the water and they should slow down... JK DONT DO IT PELASE!

TexasTanker 05-15-2010 12:13 AM

Good pics with better lighting!!!!

6 Attachment(s)
The set up as it is today with some pics of Precious the pretty guppy (boy lol) and some of my other favorites playing in the bubbles.

SilersAngryMeow 05-15-2010 02:43 AM

I love the picture you have of platy butts! It's pretty, and it also cracks me up. I have so many pictures of my betta's rear end, it's sad.

Angel079 05-15-2010 08:42 AM

Just play around a lil you'll catch full front pic's too one day and less butt :-)

Just a side note seeing the tank now since I just replayed to your plant post....Either your pic there tricks me or you have air stones going with the plants that's not ideal. The air stones will drive out the co2 that the plants need to thrive so they can properly do their job in return and sully air for your fish. So in short: Take the air stone out if you have plants! :-)

TexasTanker 05-15-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel079 (Post 384384)
Just play around a lil you'll catch full front pic's too one day and less butt :-)

Just a side note seeing the tank now since I just replayed to your plant post....Either your pic there tricks me or you have air stones going with the plants that's not ideal. The air stones will drive out the co2 that the plants need to thrive so they can properly do their job in return and sully air for your fish. So in short: Take the air stone out if you have plants! :-)

No air stones. That's from the filter. I had just done a water change and hadn't topped it off yet. The fish were playing in the bubbles and I stopped to get pictures. They do it every time. They usually do their own thing but during the water changes they race back and forth in a school through the bubbles and current. Is there a reason they would do that?