Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
-   -   The FOREVER pregnant guppy?? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/forever-pregnant-guppy-42076/)

bubbzy85 04-30-2010 02:17 AM

The FOREVER pregnant guppy??

2 Attachment(s)
ok so my guppy has been pregnant for forever, and her gravid spot is very dark, she hasn't dropped any fry and i've had her for almost 2 months now, and she looked newly pregnant when i got her, i don't know whats wrong. i've attached some pics if anyone can tell me when she'll drop the fry or how i can get her to give birth soon i'd appreciate the help.

Attachment 11408

Attachment 11409

sorry the second pic is little blurry but its more of a close up of her gravid spot

Austin 04-30-2010 03:42 AM

Is it possible she may have gave birth and you didn't notice? I also haven't noticed my guppies give birth for some reason. Sorry I can't give you an estimated delivery date I got no clue.

bubbzy85 04-30-2010 03:11 PM

she was ready to pop i came home from school today and notices her hanging in the plant floating at the top of the tank and a few mins later there were 2 guppy fry i managed to scoop 1 out but not sure where the other went it may have gotten eatin or it may have managed to get to the bottom of the tank to hide under the rocks like my platy fry had done, these our my daughters fish so now she has me sitting in front of the tank with a net waiting to see if she drops anymore lol it could be a long day of just watching the tank.

biokid101 04-30-2010 03:48 PM

yay congrats...did u say u go to school and u have a daughter?

bubbzy85 04-30-2010 05:45 PM

yes I go to school (college) working towards a career in the medical field and i also am a single mom my daughter wanted a pet so i got her fishies for her birthday (thinking fish would be easier than any other pet) lol they've turned out to be alot of work but finally starting to get the tank all stabalized after having a rough first month and losing a few guppy's and platys, but were at the 3 month mark now and haven't lost any in 2 months, yay!

biokid101 04-30-2010 06:20 PM

lol yayay and nice job i hope u do good in the medical field.

bubbzy85 04-30-2010 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thank you. so I've now managed to rescue 7 of the babies and have them in a gallon bucket for tonight and plan to go get a breeder net for them to be in inside the tank tomorrow, my guppy is still giving birth but i can only save so many but anyways heres a pic of a couple of the new fry

Attachment 11441

bubbzy85 05-01-2010 01:03 AM

ok i'm a softy i saved 18 fry now a saw a few escape from my saving but i will have kepot alive at leat 18 i can't wait to see what color they will be

biokid101 05-01-2010 06:00 AM

thats how excited i was. thats what im waiting for with my fry. my oldest fry are almost 4 months old and only 2 have color and a gonopodium and my female doesnt. so they may take a while