Tropical Fish Keeping banner

10 gallon project

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  2brown347 
#1 ·
I've recently started a 10 gallon project. I made a cement background with some caves and whatnot, and when it's done it'll be lightly planted with a few peices of driftwood. As of now it looks like this (I'm waiting to see if the pH drops with a small piece in a cup before I fill it, it's gone from 8.6 to 7.6 in 2 days and 4 waterchanges so I think it should be normal soon.)
(sloppy look was on purpose but doesn't look as nice as I'd hoped)

Here's what I need help with. I'm worried about the deminished footprint as far as stocking goes. I want to stock it with a M:F pair or M:F:F trio, but I'm not sure what to stock it with. I don't want schooling fish and I already have scarlet badis set-ups and dwarf puffers so I don't want more of them. My original plan was peacock gudgeons, but now I'm not so sure due to the space the background takes up. So basically I'm looking for any stocking suggestions. Any help/ideas are welcome.
Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
I know you seem to want to go with fish for this, but I think with the cool background and the caves and such it would be an awesome glass of cherry shrimp tank!

You could even try your luck with the shrimp and a betta or something, since it seems like it's a hit or miss, but I think even just a shrimp tank like that would be pretty neat.

#6 ·
(thought I replied already but apparently I didn't so if this is a double post my bad)

I actually plan on stocking it with shrimp but I still like the idea of a pair (or trio) of fish aswell.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm always looking for more. Now if only I could get the pH to drop haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.