Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Migraines suck. (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/migraines-suck-41432/)

xswornxoffxjello 04-19-2010 01:31 PM

Migraines suck.

So . . . I should be at school right now. The reason I'm not is because I got the first migraine of my life, and it's a doozy. My vision is blurring, I feel way out of it, my head is killing me, and light hurts my eyes. I'm typing this in my bedroom with the curtains drawn.
My mom gets these a lot. I think she's passed them on to me. :-( Thanks for listening to my pity party, lol. :-)

TigerLily 04-19-2010 01:54 PM

Ouch! I know how you feel, I used to get them quite often, and still occasionally do. Just try to hang in there until it fades. I'll be sending good wishes your way.

Greynova27 04-19-2010 02:00 PM

I'm sprouting a headache as we speak D: But yeah, I think I've had one before...

Mike 04-19-2010 02:02 PM

Sorry to hear you've got a migraine! I get them, too, and they're anything but pleasant. I've found that Excedrin Migraine is the only thing that helps when I get them. You may want to ask your Mom about it. Also, giving your eyes a break from the computer screen never hurts. ;-)

aunt kymmie 04-19-2010 02:12 PM

I'm sorry you all of you that suffer from migraines. My bestfriend gets these and when she does she's down for the count for nearly 24 hours. The only thing that helps her is Imitrex but it's a very strong med and not for everyone. Knock wood, I never get headaches, except for the ones that are brought on by a nagging B/F, lol.

vaygirl 04-19-2010 02:30 PM

Same as Admin, Excecdrin Migraine works for me. It has aspirin though, so anyone with an aspirin allergy can't take it. I get them often. You might find you have 'tells' that'll let you know they're coming. I see bright flashes of light out of the corners of my eyes and get a weird taste and smell that won't go away.

Just rest. Activity and computer monitors will make it worse. Rest in a dim room and keep the noise down. Caffeine might help too but don't overdue it. Try a soda or something.

Migraines SUCK. I call it the 'someone's hitting me in the back of the head with a baseball bat headache'. Migraine is a shorter name for it but mine is more descriptive. :D

doggyhog 04-19-2010 10:12 PM

Gaaaahhh, head aches do suck!!!!!

My sister swears that coffee with garlic in it cures a head ache, but I'm not so convinced. LOL

Hope your better soon!

Aqua Jon 04-19-2010 10:24 PM

OI! Those are the worst! I've dealt with those as well, even gone numb in fingers and tongue before! Before you surrender to and dose up with medication ask the doc about the possibility of the migraines related to diet. For me and my sister, all it took was nutritional adjustment. Hope you find relief from these terrible things!

aunt kymmie 04-19-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqua Jon (Post 365964)
OI! Those are the worst! I've dealt with those as well, even gone numb in fingers and tongue before! Before you surrender to and dose up with medication ask the doc about the possibility of the migraines related to diet. For me and my sister, all it took was nutritional adjustment. Hope you find relief from these terrible things!

What was the adjustment? Maybe it's something my friend should try? She's given up her taste for fine wine and heavy beers but she still gets them.

dramaqueen 04-19-2010 10:33 PM

I've never had one but the daughter of a friend of mine used to get them a lot and she'd get the dry heaves. She always had to get a shot of demerol or something for them. She would have to stay in her room for 3 days in total darkness before she got better.