Tropical Fish Keeping banner

what kind of tank do you have?

• saltwater

Votes: 0 0.0%

my 20 gal. tank

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  tigerbarb 
#1 ·
i tried to put my tank pic on but i couldn't. so i set it as my avitar pic .
what do you think? i have 3 danio's
1 blue grami (female)
1 female kribbensis
1 unknown pleco
:? and like 30 snails (don't know how i got snails)

#4 ·
Livebearers such as guppies, platys, mollies, and swordtails are best when kept with 2+ females for every male. Livebearers are very prolific and will produce LOTS of fry. You need to be prepared for this. If you are planning on keeping the fry, you need to remove them as soon as they are born so that the adults do not eat them. Some people say that a well planted tank keeps the fry alive but personally this has never worked for me. The fry only make it a couple of days before being eaten. My advise would be to read the Fish Breeding section. There is lots of information on breeding livebearers and others. Good luck and as always have fun with it.

#5 ·
shavon said:
Livebearers such as guppies, platys, mollies, and swordtails are best when kept with 2+ females for every male. Livebearers are very prolific and will produce LOTS of fry. You need to be prepared for this. If you are planning on keeping the fry, you need to remove them as soon as they are born so that the adults do not eat them. Some people say that a well planted tank keeps the fry alive but personally this has never worked for me. The fry only make it a couple of days before being eaten. My advise would be to read the Fish Breeding section. There is lots of information on breeding livebearers and others. Good luck and as always have fun with it.
i am setting a smaller tank up for fry
so i can feed them brine shrimp and so i can use a bubble filter so they don't die because of the filter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.