Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   why does this happen when i am hatching brine shrimps (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/why-does-happen-when-i-am-41130/)

sam9953 04-14-2010 05:54 AM

why does this happen when i am hatching brine shrimps
 
i recently hatched a few brine shrimps and i had used 1 litre of water and i faced two problems. At first the problem was that many brine shrimps started to get out of the hatching solution and got stuck at the walls of the bottle and were not reaching the water and some also got stuck in the pipe which i had used for aeration. second problem i faced was that after the brine shrimps got hatched they didnt settle down instead they were swimming on the surface of the solution and i was not able to remove or separate them from the solution so please suggest me the solutions to solve these problems?

kelly528 04-14-2010 10:55 AM

1) Unfortunately this happens to everyone. My only suggestion is to stir them in well, but unfortunately there will always be some sticking to the sides.

2) Brine shrimp swim towards the light source. I find it helpful to put them in a closet or something from 20 minutes after you remove the aeration and they will all settle to the bottom.

sam9953 04-15-2010 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly528 (Post 362927)
1) Unfortunately this happens to everyone. My only suggestion is to stir them in well, but unfortunately there will always be some sticking to the sides.

2) Brine shrimp swim towards the light source. I find it helpful to put them in a closet or something from 20 minutes after you remove the aeration and they will all settle to the bottom.

thats really sad but i think now i will do as you have stated about keeping them down and thanks a lot.

kelly528 04-15-2010 10:59 AM

No problem! :)

sam9953 04-15-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly528 (Post 363322)
No problem! :)

once i have switched the air pump off then should i switch off all the lights of the room but when i will switch on the lights then wont the shrimps cum again on the surface?

kelly528 04-15-2010 12:32 PM

Nah it takes them a good while to slog all the way to the surface once they have fallen to the bottom :)

sam9953 04-15-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly528 (Post 363345)
Nah it takes them a good while to slog all the way to the surface once they have fallen to the bottom :)

oh ok. Now i have kept my brine shrimp egs for hatching but the sad part again is the same that even after adjusting the air then too around 5% of the eggs get collected at the sides of the bottle and wont get hatched.

kelly528 04-15-2010 12:55 PM

You could pour a little more water in and the eggs will fall back in to the water.

sam9953 04-15-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly528 (Post 363349)
You could pour a little more water in and the eggs will fall back in to the water.

yes but that would tough becuase once i do that then after 1 hour they again come on the edges and now even he salt has started t get accumulated in the edges.

kelly528 04-16-2010 01:14 PM

Well thats the fun of the hobby eh? I never worry too much about the wasted eggs... I go through a vial of BBS eggs at a snails pace anyways.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2