Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Saltwater Aquarium Equipment (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-aquarium-equipment/)
- - refractometer? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-aquarium-equipment/refractometer-40830/)
Im in the market for a refractometer...Im not as concerned with price (at the moment) as I am with ease of use and accuracy...ive done a little research and think I know what Im looking for:
· a unit that stays calibrated (so that you don’t have to calibrate it EVERYTIME you use it)
· a unit with its own backlight
· unit with an adjustable eyepiece, insulated body to reduce thermal influence on test
· unit with good optics. (not one with a small display or one with scale numbers that are too small.
· Get one that stores securely in its own case.
....but Id love any opinions and/or suggestions...
most decent quality commercial refractometers range between 50-60 upwards of 100 dollars. all of those have what you need, minus the backlight -- backlit refractometers are non existent from what i understand. good luck!
use the sun, or a flash light -- not that bad.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.