Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   My dads salt water fish (VERY pic heavy) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/my-dads-salt-water-fish-very-40378/)

BettaxFishxCrazy 04-03-2010 10:43 AM

My dads salt water fish (VERY pic heavy)

17 Attachment(s)
I figured I'd share my dads beautiful salt water fish! :-P Some of these pictures are old and some are new. They aren't that clear because they LOVE to move all around. :roll: I hate taking pictures of them.lol Some of them have names. The blue angel (blue with white stripes) is named Bob and the rasp (orange, green and yellow) is named Harley. :-P Oh and the third picture of the little yellow guy, we named him Motor Boat.lol Some of them my dad still has and some passed away.

BettaxFishxCrazy 04-03-2010 10:58 AM

13 Attachment(s)
Here are some more :-)

aunt kymmie 04-03-2010 11:04 AM

That's quite the assortment of fish! Just curious, what size tank is this and is the mandarin still alive?

BettaxFishxCrazy 04-03-2010 11:06 AM

Yeah, most of them he doesn't have anymore. Unfortunately the mandarin died a while ago, but he had him for a couple months (I guess they're really hard to keep). It's a 68G I think? I took the first 10 pictures a year ago so he's had all different assortments.lol

DarthMaul 04-03-2010 11:34 AM

Gorgeous!

dramaqueen 04-03-2010 12:23 PM

There are some pretty interesting looking fish there!

Romad 04-03-2010 12:27 PM

***sigh*** so beautiful.

it really makes me want to rethink my plans for my 45 gallon hex. i'm rehoming everyone in there to a 75 gallon when we move in a few months. i know i won't be able to have ets for too long.

not sure i'm brave enough to attempt the salt water just yet tho.

truthequalslies 04-03-2010 02:29 PM

cowfish!!!! i love those lil guys my dad had one when i was a tyke i would get a saltwater setup just to have one lol and i'd prolly add some seahorsies =)

BettaxFishxCrazy 04-03-2010 02:30 PM

Yeah my dad didn't have any trouble with his big tank probably because he was more experienced. But the smaller one that he bought originally for salt water fish he had a lot of trouble with and had to take down. I told him he should get the small tank back up and running and put just seahorses in it. :)

aunt kymmie 04-03-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettaxFishxCrazy (Post 356229)
Yeah my dad didn't have any trouble with his big tank probably because he was more experienced. But the smaller one that he bought originally for salt water fish he had a lot of trouble with and had to take down. I told him he should get the small tank back up and running and put just seahorses in it. :)

Seahorses are just as tough (if not tougher) to keep alive in captivity than mandarins are!