Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Graduation. (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/graduation-40363/)

dramaqueen 04-02-2010 08:26 PM

Graduation.

I was just curious as to how many members we have that are graduating from high school or college this year.If you want to share what your plans are after graduation then that would be great. :) Also, congrats to those of you who are graduating this year.

SaylorKennedy 04-02-2010 08:47 PM

I will be graduating from high school in about 6 weeks.

After, is college. I got accepted into my first-choice college and just found out last week that they're giving me a full ride! I'll be going for Pre-Dentistry or Biology, or I might just double major in both. It's an accelerated program, so it will only take me 3 years to get into dental school, and I have a guaranteed spot there as long as my grades are all good and my teachers give a good recommendation. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get into dental school. Everything is seeming to work out for me, so hopefully it'll all be smooth sailing.
:)

dramaqueen 04-02-2010 08:56 PM

That is wonderful that you got accepted to your first choice and got a full scholarship!! Congratulations! :) You must be super smart to go into an accelerated program.

BettaxFishxCrazy 04-02-2010 09:13 PM

I wish you all the best SaylorKennedy. :)

SaylorKennedy 04-02-2010 09:15 PM

Actually, at my school I'm just slightly above average.
I'm ranked 16/140 kids and have a 4.02 GPA on a 4.0 scale. That's not even top 10%! They're are some really smart kids in my high school though.

The accelerated program is offered to every Pre-professional major (Pre-Med, Pre-Law, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Pharmacy, etc, etc) You just have to be getting a 3.5 GPA at the end of your third year and professors have to okay it. You don't have to do it if you don't want to, which I don't know why you wouldn't want to do it, or if you're not eligible. It's just a really nice bonus when you'll be going to school for 8+ years.

SaylorKennedy 04-02-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettaxFishxCrazy (Post 355909)
I wish you all the best SaylorKennedy. :)

Thank you. :)

Kaisa 04-02-2010 09:25 PM

I dropped out in grade 9 but went back to adult high-school a year ago and got my grade 12 diploma in august 09 (not ged)

I just applied to college a couple weeks ago (legal administrative assistant program) waiting to hear if I get accepted

BettaxFishxCrazy 04-02-2010 09:26 PM

I'm going to be a Medical Administrative Assistant! That's too funny.lol Good luck, I hope you get in! :)

dr2b 04-03-2010 08:26 PM

I graduate from college with a Bachelors degree in Biology in ... umm... 36 days now :)

I actually have to go take physics at a community college and then I plan applying to osteopathic medical school. I am definitely ready to have my vacation this summer. It will be my first summer without summer classes in 4 years.

xxabc 04-03-2010 08:39 PM

SaylorKennedy, do you not also use a 5.0 grading scale? My school does (although 4.0 is standard, for other academic purposes there is also a 5.0 grading scale).

And gosh, your school is small! (Sorry, haha). I thought mine was small in comparison to others. Or actually, graduating class. I have a total of 730ish people in my class, although expected to heavily drop. Top 10% is around 70.

Congratulations on your full ride, too :)

I'm... I'm kindof screwed on my future. I have no idea what I want to be, haha, but it's going through the medical field as of right now. I'm thinking medicine, like a pharmicist or something. But really, no idea.