Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   First Attempt to feed my Goldfish Zucchini (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/first-attempt-feed-my-goldfish-zucchini-39976/)

PaperclipGirl 03-27-2010 08:19 PM

First Attempt to feed my Goldfish Zucchini

Thinly sliced zucchini and put it in a bowl of water and nuked it for 30 seconds in the microwave, put in cold water to cool it down and hung it in my tank -

The goldfish looked at me, then looked at it, then looked back at me with a WTH look... I swear...

d0r0g0 04-04-2010 12:49 AM

lol

u take a video/pics of that? ;)

Castro235 04-04-2010 11:45 PM

Any luck on them eating it?

I decided to give some very soft boiled asparagus a shot today with my three goldfish and they seemed to love it!

I wanted to do zucchini, but the asparagus was already here so I just gave it a try. :-D

kelly528 04-05-2010 12:14 AM

Asparagus is too expensive for goldfish IMO.... they already eat 10x better than me!!! Kale is AWESOME though, my goldfish just get a whiff and come frantically wiggling over from all ends of the tank. Very nutritious too... I have a coworker who drinks Kale puree like the elixir of life. Very high in vitamins, among other things. Definitely the ultimate leafy green.

Spinach is another good one... also makes a good source of calcium for snails if you have any.

Castro235 04-05-2010 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly528 (Post 357250)
Asparagus is too expensive for goldfish IMO.... they already eat 10x better than me!!! Kale is AWESOME though, my goldfish just get a whiff and come frantically wiggling over from all ends of the tank. Very nutritious too... I have a coworker who drinks Kale puree like the elixir of life. Very high in vitamins, among other things. Definitely the ultimate leafy green.

Spinach is another good one... also makes a good source of calcium for snails if you have any.

We just had a bunch of asparagus for easter, so I grabbed about a half inch of it to throw in there.

I feed them a variety of bloodworms and flakes, and just figure every now and then when I have something, I'll grab a small chunk of it instead of their normal foods, as far as going out and buying a veggie I doubt it though.

But it seems like it'd be nice for them to have a random veggie every now and then

kelly528 04-05-2010 01:16 PM

Yeah I hate all the veggies that I feed to my goldfish lol... too healthy!!!

I'm trying to feed them either frozen food or veggies for at leat 5 meals per week (out of 14 feedings in a week) so I usually just boil a bunch of kale or spinach up, throw it in the freezer and then just pull a few leaves out at feeding time.