Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Petco Remodling all of its stores? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/petco-remodling-all-its-stores-39519/)

doubleatheman 03-19-2010 11:24 PM

Petco Remodling all of its stores?

All three of the Petcos in my area are remolding! I'm excited. I think the fish area is getting larger in my closest one.

On a complete side note. Walmart sells alot of fish stuff. I went on Wednesday just looking, and I went again today the stuff is all gone!

Like they had ~16 of the 2 gallon heaters, I came back they had none... I had no clue that fish supplies sold that much that fast. I always found it hard to believe that walmart of all places would sell fish, but I realize its a big business.

aunt kymmie 03-20-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doubleatheman (Post 347455)
All three of the Petcos in my area are remolding! I'm excited. I think the fish area is getting larger in my closest one.

On a complete side note. Walmart sells alot of fish stuff. I went on Wednesday just looking, and I went again today the stuff is all gone!

Like they had ~16 of the 2 gallon heaters, I came back they had none... I had no clue that fish supplies sold that much that fast. I always found it hard to believe that walmart of all places would sell fish, but I realize its a big business.

My Petco just did a remodel of their fish dept. and they've actually hired a guy who knows what he's talking about. Amazing!! Petco did something right...shocking!

xxabc 03-20-2010 03:17 PM

Unfair! Mine are totally the same. I haven't...talked to an employee in forever though. Aside from the "Where can I get ___?" talk. Hopefully that'll change soon, I'd be really excited...!

vaygirl 03-20-2010 04:26 PM

When I was in my Petco a couple weeks ago they said they were remodeling soon. Wheeeeeee!

doggyhog 03-20-2010 09:52 PM

OOOHHH! Maybe this means more bettas! :D LOL wait, that'd be a bad thing for all us betta addicts...

doubleatheman 03-21-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doggyhog (Post 348024)
OOOHHH! Maybe this means more bettas! :D LOL wait, that'd be a bad thing for all us betta addicts...

Actually the new "floor plan/ panel / shelf layout" for the fish department was left out on the desk, I studied it. :-P

Bettas are going to get 2 end caps instead of one now. :lol: Looks like more Betta stuff all in one spot, instead of the tanks a few rows down, and the water treatments on the side aisle. Overall the same ammount of space seems to be dedicated to Bettas.

Also each tank they carry in stock has a sample tank out of the box to look at, one of the stores has already done this further up the road.