Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Wish me luck (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/wish-me-luck-39495/)

Mean Harri 03-19-2010 05:07 PM

Wish me luck

Hey all. I just applied for an emergency (911) dispatcher job. I need some luck. I really hate what I do now and it's getting hard with hours being cut and summer time, our slow time coming. I thrive in high stress environments and I'd sooo love getting this job. I would be able to hang up the driving crap and do something a lot better.

BettaxFishxCrazy 03-19-2010 05:09 PM

Good luck! I hope you get it.

glassmouse 03-19-2010 05:21 PM

Good Luck. You seem to have a good personality for that kind of work.

welshboy 03-19-2010 05:32 PM

Hi' that number is no use for me' ours in the UK is 999 LOL.Good luck with your new job.Mark

Adelheidi 03-19-2010 05:34 PM

Good luck!! I just sent in my resume to a couple of bars, hoping to become a full time bartender :D

aunt kymmie 03-19-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean Harri (Post 347139)
Hey all. I just applied for an emergency (911) dispatcher job. I need some luck. I really hate what I do now and it's getting hard with hours being cut and summer time, our slow time coming. I thrive in high stress environments and I'd sooo love getting this job. I would be able to hang up the driving crap and do something a lot better.

And you wonder why your blood pressure's high... ;-)

I wish you all the luck I have to offer. When will you find out??

Mean Harri 03-19-2010 06:27 PM

Thanks everyone. It's nerve racking and exciting at the same time.
Kym, I'm not sure. I believe it's open for applying until the 26th. Then they do their process, interview, critical test, etc... It could be 2-3 months before knowing. I do know it's a process, however. My friend's wife is a supervisor there. ;-)

aunt kymmie 03-19-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean Harri (Post 347202)
Thanks everyone. It's nerve racking and exciting at the same time.
Kym, I'm not sure. I believe it's open for applying until the 26th. Then they do their process, interview, critical test, etc... It could be 2-3 months before knowing. I do know it's a process, however. My friend's wife is a supervisor there. ;-)

With your fireman's background and having an "in" as far as a link to a supervisor that should put you in the front of the pack. Let's hope so, cuz trucking just aint any fun anymore!

LisaC144 03-19-2010 06:36 PM

AWESOME!! Good luck! With your background they'd be nuts not to hire you. Sending good vibes your way, my friend!

Angel079 03-19-2010 06:48 PM

Wow awesome crossing all fingers & toe's for ya here (and the paws too)!!!!