Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Where do you all live (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/where-do-you-all-live-39357/)

welshboy 03-17-2010 05:34 PM

Where do you all live

I start' i lve in a town called Port Talbot' South Wales' UK.Mark

Oldfishlady 03-17-2010 07:00 PM

I live in the beautiful state of Oklahoma USA...way out in the woods with lots of peace and quiet..... so all my animals both domesticated and wild can live as free of life that can be expected.......I can't see a person or house and they can't see me...I am so far out that I can't even hear cars that drive down the main road...and you need a 4x4 to get to my house........I love my peace.........and so do my 29 cats, cows, horses, dogs, chickens, wild turkey, deer, bobcats, etc.............lol........

What is it like where you live welshboy...I would love to hear more about South Wales UK.........so awesome to learn more about other countries and states and what it is like......good question welshboy......

ThePearlFish 03-17-2010 07:13 PM

I go back and forth between states to visit my parents often. MD where my parents are but now since i moved out live with my BF in VA.

~TPF

vaygirl 03-17-2010 07:19 PM

I live in New Jersey. Forget what you've heard about Jersey! :P

We have a three floor condo with a creek running behind it and a big deck on the back. I can feed the birds out there and the ducks. Sometimes we get Herons and Egrets and the odd pair of Canada Geese. I have a garden out there and TONS of herbs on my deck (or I will soon :D). That's my sanctuary.

Mean Harri 03-17-2010 07:26 PM

I live in my house. If the economy gets any worse I'll be living in a box. During the day I live in a truck. Lately, entertainment speaking, I live here.
@Vaygirl... I can't forget what I've heard about Jersey. I've been there lol.

BettaxFishxCrazy 03-17-2010 07:30 PM

I live in a small town in Connecticut. Well, it WAS a small town.lol Now it's getting built up like everything. I used to go to the grocery store and know everyone, but now I go and if I know one person it's surprising. Living in a small town means the closest shopping mall is about 30 to 40 minutes away which can get annoying.

I can't wait to see all the animals come back out. I saw 5 female deer cross the road in front of me when I was driving home from work last week. I got really excited.lol The one animal I don't miss are the fisher cats. They're such nasty creatures! No animal will kill them because they're so vicious! My boyfriend who lives in NJ never heard of fisher cats before.

welshboy 03-17-2010 07:40 PM

Hi' Oldfishlady' the village where i live is called Cwmavon.It use to be a working village in the past there was mineing' tin works and brick works all that have gone now.The village is in a middle of mountains' my house is on a mountain side looking over the valley.I can see the coast from my house which is around 4 miles away.Mark

BettaxFishxCrazy 03-17-2010 07:43 PM

It sounds beautiful. Do you have any pictures??

Oldfishlady 03-17-2010 07:51 PM

Wow...welchboy it sound awesome I too would love some pic.......I love mountains...I call the hill that I live under a mountain..lol...its only about 60ft tall so it is a hill...but its a mountain to me and it protects me from the tornado.....that hit here often......

and BFC...tell me more about "fisher cats" never heard of them...they sound interesting...for sure....got pic????

Jessafall 03-17-2010 07:58 PM

live