What are the smallest fish?
Smallest thing i can think of is dwarf puffers, they are what an inch?
Ember tetras about 3/4"
Pygmy Cory (Corydoras pygmaeus) <1"
Tail Spot Pygmy Cory (AKA Dwarf Cory?) (Corydoras hastatus) <1.25"
Scarlet Badis (Dario Dario) <1"
There are also a couple of really small Rasboras and Tetras. Try doing an advanced search at www.aqadvisor.com and limit the results to 1" or 1.5" and you'll probably get a few more.
Endler's and Celestial Pearl Danios < 1"
(the prettiest of all teeny tiny fish, IMO)
Thanks, those are some awesome looking fish.
I had an idea to put a bunch of really small fish in a big tank with big plants.
Common and small would also be Bumblebee Gobi's, Dwars Rasbora, Norman's Lampeye .
But if you wanna see real SMALL look up: Paedocypris progenetica these fish grow to be 7.9mm (equals 0.3") talk about SMALL
Lol oddly enough i was looking at that that Paedocypris progenetica. But id like fish that i wouldnt need a magnifying glass to see, and im almost positive they would be eaten by the filter.
I really do like the scarlet badis but they are kinda pricey for something so small.
- Barboides gracilis
- Barbus sylvaticus
- Boraras merah
- Boraras micros
- Dario dario
- Microrasbora kubotai
- Microrasbora nana
- Bumblebee Goby (Brachygobius sp.)
- Clown Killi, aka Banded Killi, aka Rocket Panchax (Epiplatys annulatus)
- Crossbanded Dwarf Danio (Microrasbora erythromicron)
- Dwarf Cory (Corydoras hastatus)
- Dwarf Mosquitofish, aka Het, aka Least Killi (Heterandria formosa)
- Dwarf Rasbora, aka Pygmy Spotted Rasbora (Boraras maculatus)
- Ember Tetra (Hyphessobrycon amandae)
- Endler's Livebearer (Poecilia wingei)
- Exclamation Point Rasbora (Boraras urophthalmoides)
- Glow Light Danio (Danio choprae)
- Glow Light Tetra (Hemigrammus erythrozonus)
- Green Neon Tetra (Paracheirodon simulans)
- Guppy (Poecilia reticulata)
- Jae barb (Barbus jae)
- Lipstick Barb (Puntius sealei)
- Mosquito Rasbora (Boraras brigittae)
- Neon Rasbora (Sundadanio axelrodi)
- Neon Tetra (Paracheirodon innesi)
- Oto, aka Dwarf Sucker Fish (Otocinclus affinis)
- Pristella Tetra (Pristella maxillaris)
- Pygmy Cory (Corydoras pygmaeus)
- Siamese Fighting Fish, aka Betta (Betta splendens)
- Vietnamese Minnow, aka Dwarf Cardinal (Tanichthys micagemmae)
- White Cloud Mountain Minnow (Tanichthys albonubes)
Funny as I was on this other website and someone had similar question and these here are the fish they had listed thought I just pass it on here. Hopefully you'll find something in here.
For me Smallest fish is Neon Tetra 2.2cm/0.85 Inches and another is Dwarf Cory 1" and Pygmy Cory 1"-1.2"
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2