Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Proprosed Stocking for a RIO 300 (300 Litre aquarium) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/proprosed-stocking-rio-300-300-litre-390/)

DemonDemonic 09-06-2006 04:34 AM

Proprosed Stocking for a RIO 300 (300 Litre aquarium)

Proprosed Stocking for a RIO 300 (300 Litre aquarium)

Group A 12

Three Red Platy
Three Orange Platy
Three Sunset Platy
Three Blue Coral Platy

Group B 12

Three Red Swords
Three Black Swords
Three Orange Swords
Three Rainbow Swords

Group C 12

Four White Molly (Sailfin)
Four Red Molly (Sailfin)
Four Black Molly

Group D 30

Ten Tiger Barbs
Ten Albino Tiger Barbs
Ten Green Tiger Barbs

Group E 14

10 Dwarf Gourami
3 Clown Loach
1 Rope Fish

Group F 14

10 Cory
4 Sucking loach

This was kind of what I had in mind for a super community, I’m getting a RIO 300 on Friday and this is what I wanted to gradually put in after the cycle. I would like to keep the rope fish but if need be I have another tank it could go in.

Is vastly over stocked in your opinion ?
Would a community like this work?
Is their adaquite population control (baby killers)

crazie.eddie 09-06-2006 04:40 AM

(Message deleted by poster)

crazie.eddie 09-06-2006 04:46 AM

DemonDemonic 09-06-2006 04:48 AM

Each group shows what type of fish I want and how many of each fish. I put them in groups so people could switch fish around and change the amount easyier.

crazie.eddie 09-06-2006 04:54 AM

DemonDemonic 09-06-2006 04:59 AM

The rope aside is that a good or bad setup? Is there room for more? I find it quite hard to belive not that i don't belive you guys that a rope would try and attack a molly or platy lol, the mouth is no where big enough but i supose in time it will be.

crazie.eddie 09-06-2006 05:17 AM

DemonDemonic 09-06-2006 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazie.eddie
A fish from each group...

The problems I could see is that I know tiger barbs are aggressive and may terrorize other top/middle dwellers.

You have allot of top/middle dwellers and not enough bottom dwellers. You could probably go with more clown loaches, like at least 5.

Too many dwarf gouramis. They don't really school or anything, even though they are peacefull fish, 10 might be too much even for a tank that size.

The platy, molly, and sword combo...if you have males/females of each, they may crossbreed. But I'll have to check back on that to verify or someone may know more specific info on that.

Well i wanted all the fish from all the groups idealy. I would of thought 10 Cory 3 Clown Loach and 4 Sucking loach would be enough to clean the bottom. The reason i had somany dwarf gouramis is because of the bright colours. Thanks for the extra infomation.

Lupin 09-06-2006 06:52 AM

I have to add that the sucking loach sounds more like Chinese Algae Eater which is not a suitable tankmate once it matures.

Try to throw out of the list the ropefish and sucking loach.

I'd say you need fish that can eat the fry to control the population. Angelfish will eat them. I'd just keep only a pair or two of dwarf gouramis to pave more space for angelfish which would help eliminate the fry.

Good luck with the new tank. :love:

DemonDemonic 09-06-2006 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue
I have to add that the sucking loach sounds more like Chinese Algae Eater which is not a suitable tankmate once it matures.

Try to throw out of the list the ropefish and sucking loach.

I'd say you need fish that can eat the fry to control the population. Angelfish will eat them. I'd just keep only a pair or two of dwarf gouramis to pave more space for angelfish which would help eliminate the fry.

Good luck with the new tank. :love:

I want to keep some of the fry though, thats why i didn't g for angel fish. In my own experence dwarf gouramis eat fry but not as much. If i got angels i think they'd eat all of them and i don't want that. I don't really want to get a hatcher either because it will make the tank look ugly