Tropical Fish Keeping banner

shrouding a tank at night?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  poolman84 
#1 ·
Okay, this might be a really weird question... Is it better for fish to have a completely black night cycle? Or does it matter if there is some ambient light getting in to the tank after the tank light goes off? The reason I ask this is because my tank is in the living room and there is some kind of light on until 10 or 11 at night, sometimes later. Should I cover my tank so no light gets in, or do the fish really care?

#2 ·
Naturally you have a sunrise & sunset where lights are dimmer as well. May it be my hallway's or Office or any other good spot I find to stuff my tanks; chances are very well they still get room light after their lights are out and that has not hurt any my fish in the yrs of having had my tanks. And turning around here looking at my 55g while room light is on/ tank off there's very little light they get and also they'll still get a dark night cause I'd assume some hrs like Midnight to 6Am your lights are off in the house anyway :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.