Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
- - Weird spots around goldfish's pupils? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/weird-spots-around-goldfishs-pupils-38608/)
Weird spots around goldfish's pupils?
My goldfish is pretty big, maybe ten inches nose to tailtip. Since he's so big, all the details one wouldn't be able to notice right away on a tiny $0.13 comet are exagerated on him. So I'm not panicking, but he does seem to have weird blotches like orange-tinted brown spots around his pupils in his great big goldfish eyes. He still responds to visual stimula, like following my finger when I move it outside the glass (without touching the glass, thus causing noise or vibration) and if food floats by his face, he snaps it up without hesitation, and he can differentiate from what's food and what is fish poop that hasn't been filtered yet. So he's obviously not blind, but are those weird spots normal? I'm going to get a picture up as soon as I locate my DigiCam.
1. What is the size of your tank? 20 gallons (too small I'm aware; I doubt that would affect his eyes though)
2. What are your water parameters? State the brand of test kit used. He's lived in rural area tap water since we got him ten years ago. the Ammonia alert always reads SAFE though.
3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water? freshwater
4. How long the aquarium has been set up? it's held this same fish for....over four years now
5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? 1 Comet goldfish, 10 inches, 10 years
6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? he lives in quarantine
7. What temperature is the tank water currently? room temperature; about 69 degrees F
8. Are there live plants in the aquarium? no real ones
9. What filter are you using? State brand, maintenance routine and power capacity. Top Fin 20
10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)? no
11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? What is your lighting schedule (assuming you do not rely on sunlight for our viewing pleasure)? YES IT DOES I keep saying it needs to be away from windows; it is not however in direct sunlight, more like a glare
12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate? I don't vacuum; I change the water 2/3 every Tuesday; I've been doing this for weeks now
13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule? goldfish flakes; twice a day
14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish? well like I said it's not an emergency, I just want to be sure it's normal and that it isn't something that would slowly progress into something bigger
15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis.
I don't know of any medicinal treatments about eyes; I don't even know what this is, if it's anything unusual at all; I don't see any other large comet goldfish to compare mine with
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.