Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Here is why I'm mad with my Vet over my diabetic dog (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/here-why-im-mad-my-vet-38536/)

Angel079 03-03-2010 07:00 PM

Here is why I'm mad with my Vet over my diabetic dog

Here is why I'm mad with my Vet over my diabetic dog ... I always make sure since Maxx was diagnosed last year (which was all in all pretty tragic in itself to say the least) that I always have Insulin at the house far prior to when the current bottle runs out....

I know most folks won't understand this but I care about my dogs the way you'd care about your newborn baby, a lot!

Well so I just went today to get more and the gal tell's me the stopped producing and will soon have another brand I need to buy (double the price of cause) and sold me the remaining 2 bottles they had.

"Stop producing" to me sounds much like a company going outta business - Not uncommon these days right!?

Well I am me and googeled the matter - Matter fact is the FDA recalled that very brand of Insulin cause its proven to either up the sugar too far or too low; in other words it doesn't regulate it correctly which is what any good diabetic needs to go into shock and die from it.

Wouldn't THAT have been a fact worth while mentioning to me before selling me even 2 more bottles of this crap? Honestly I'd have even expected a call from them at the time & point when the FDA recalled it and the Vet know this; just call me I'll bring my doggie in and we'll see what we can do.

But no non this had happened and then she even sells me more of the non working stuff???? I am pretty darn mad right now to say the least....needless to say I'll return these 2 new bottles tomorrow :evil:

vaygirl 03-03-2010 07:07 PM

I went through diabetes with my cat Spiral. I know how hard it is and what the maintenence is like and the expense. I think it's awful that your vet made it possibly even harder on your pet. If I were you, I'd complain when I returned it. A lot. I'm sorry you and Maxx are going through this. Good luck!

Angel079 03-03-2010 07:09 PM

Thanks Janine! The front desk gal is just *one of a kind* really but I love the Doc my guys are seeing there and that's why I don't switch Vets cause the Doc is plain awesome; I had to see many diff Vets over the yrs due to all the moves every 3 yrs but that one Doc here I really like her.....That Front desk chick.....whole nother matter lol

vaygirl 03-03-2010 07:14 PM

Maybe she was just repeating what she was told? It's possible the rep from the company didn't give her all the information or the office manager didn't. I used to work reception at a vets office. It's chaos. I'm glad you have a good doc. Makes all the difference really. I'd still say something. That way they don't sell it to anyone else, ya know?

Angel079 03-03-2010 07:18 PM

I'll be honest with her as to why but not be mean to her or nothing - Yea I'm pretty mad right now but like you said Lord knows what's going on there "behind the curtains" and even if she knew the truth starting a fight with her won't change nothing anyway.

Just show's again how important it is no matter what a nurse or Doc's telling ya - Do your own homework too :-)

JohnnyD44 03-03-2010 07:31 PM

wow thats crazy Angel....I know how expensive vet visits can be....always seem to break the bank at the wrong time....

what kind of pooch is it?

and I know all too well about treating pets like humans...my mother-in-law ran her 14 year old car thru chemo......haha lived another 5 years!

Angel079 03-03-2010 07:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yea that past year with Maxx (who's never been sick a day in his life before then) had initially been very pricey to say the least - But like I said they're my baby's and I'd always do whatever I had to to keep them healthy :-)

The sick one is Maxx a "Terrier Mix" as you call any good mud you donno exactly what all is in there, He's def had some Jack Russel in the mix at some stage (not the size but the behavior) lol here a pic of Maxx, my baby boy and the lil sleepy gal is our old Lady Precious, she's 12yrs now but still darts around like lightning :lol:

vaygirl 03-03-2010 08:20 PM

They're adorable. :D

Angel079 03-03-2010 08:21 PM

I actually call 'em cutie pie & pumpkin LOL they're awesome spc cause any kid can do WHATEVER a creative toddler mind can think of and my dogs don't even growl; they're so awesome with kids just wonderful. :-)

Romad 03-03-2010 08:30 PM

What sweet doggies :)

And I don't blame you for being upset. Grrrrrr!!!!!