Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
-   -   Omg baby mollies! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/omg-baby-mollies-38310/)

friaxh 02-28-2010 10:35 PM

Omg baby mollies!
 
2 Attachment(s)
I went to go check my pH in the main tank and.. a black baby molly!!
So far I have five! oh my goodnessss! :))
I figured she may have been pregnant, but she wasn't very big or anything. Totally unexpected, but so exciting! I'm so happy

Sinopa 02-28-2010 11:50 PM

So cute! Congratulations on your babies!

friaxh 02-28-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinopa (Post 335126)
So cute! Congratulations on your babies!

Thanks :))


Hey does anybody know how I can tell if she's done having fry?
She doesn't look any smaller.. And she's not acting any different before or after she had them.. :-?

Austin 03-01-2010 01:24 AM

If she hasn't shrunk really, and it's been not too long, she might have some more soon. Congrats on the babies! :)

friaxh 03-01-2010 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin (Post 335159)
If she hasn't shrunk really, and it's been not too long, she might have some more soon. Congrats on the babies! :)

She hasn't shrunk at all that I've noticed. Unless they come from the dalmatian mollies.. which I highly doubt though because they seem kind of young/small. It's been about 2 or 3 hours.. I don't see anymore. If there were they probably got eaten. I saw the poppa fish chasing one around. That's how I even noticed there were any!

friaxh 03-01-2010 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friaxh (Post 335165)
She hasn't shrunk at all that I've noticed. Unless they come from the dalmatian mollies.. which I highly doubt though because they seem kind of young/small. It's been about 2 or 3 hours.. I don't see anymore. If there were they probably got eaten. I saw the poppa fish chasing one around. That's how I even noticed there were any!

Two more! Not sure if she had more, or were in there from earlier though :-D:-D

Austin 03-01-2010 03:28 AM

Coulda been from earlier. Or she might be still giving birth. Sometimes it takes a few hours. If you can maybe keep an eye on her and see if the back of her belly looks pushed out, and put her int he breeder box if u strongly believe she is still giving birth. Congrats tho! :D

friaxh 03-01-2010 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin (Post 335186)
Coulda been from earlier. Or she might be still giving birth. Sometimes it takes a few hours. If you can maybe keep an eye on her and see if the back of her belly looks pushed out, and put her int he breeder box if u strongly believe she is still giving birth. Congrats tho! :D

Thanks!

I'm not sure about "pushed out". But theres this white thing? haha, i don't know.
I was thinking about putting her in the clear breeder box, but she seems too big for it..
and I didn't know if she'd eat the fry if she were in the "net" one.

Austin 03-01-2010 03:40 AM

Ahh, I see. Well just provide lots of plants especially floating plants. U could try a DIY breeder box thing which i might try making soon. Making it larger so it's not as stressful.

friaxh 03-02-2010 12:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
1 more baby molly in the main tank, and my spotted female had 5 fry that I was able to catch. There could be more hiding in the plants, but didn't want to disturb the tank. The birthing/breeding tank worked out awesome! 17 babies total!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2