Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Before-After shots of my new Lotus (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/before-after-shots-my-new-lotus-38265/)

Angel079 02-28-2010 12:32 PM

Before-After shots of my new Lotus

3 Attachment(s)
Here's a before-after shot of my new Lotus.
The first picture shows the Lotus after shipping had 3 leaves and about MAYBE 1.5" tall
Next 2 shots are from the AM where you can already see the Lotus bushing out quite nicely, having a bunch new leaves and as you can see 3 daughter plants so far. The main plat is now about 8.5-9" tall and the 3 daughter plants about 2" :-D

The time line you're looking at here is from planting in mid Dec until now (end of Feb).

Why it shows so green on the picture I can't tell you I think its gotta be something with my camera setting as the Lotus reflects the light it revives but they sure are much more red inside my tank :lol:

Mean Harri 02-28-2010 12:38 PM

Nice plant. I may look in to getting some of this. Late last night I added plants to my shopping cart at SA. I think I'll add this one too. Thanks for the update. I was wondering how this plant ended up over time.

Angel079 02-28-2010 12:41 PM

They don't like shipping I can tell ya that! They're worst then Crypts; more often then not when shipping or only transplanting between 2 tanks you'll see the greater majority of the leaves melt away. Once the roots start taking place you'll then have new growth. So just keep that on mind when getting one!

LisaC144 02-28-2010 12:41 PM

Very, very nice!

Eric, I got a red tiger lotus from SA and I really like it. It's very, very deep red right now but looking at Natalie's it looks like the leaves sprout varying shades of red.

Angel079 02-28-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaC144 (Post 334656)
Natalie's it looks like the leaves sprout varying shades of red.

I really need to fiddle with the camera cause when I look at my tank here I have super dark red leaves and the newer one's are light red almost pinkish and on the pictures it turned out red-green so I donno where I went wrong :-?

LisaC144 02-28-2010 12:53 PM

Yeah, mine are a very dark red too. Almost blends right in with the black gravel. I suspect it will sprout lighter colored leaves like you say yours has. Yours has some very, very nice growth there!

aunt kymmie 02-28-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean Harri (Post 334652)
Nice plant. I may look in to getting some of this. Late last night I added plants to my shopping cart at SA. I think I'll add this one too. Thanks for the update. I was wondering how this plant ended up over time.

Just checked, as I'm placing an order...Red Tiger Lotus...out of stock :(

Mean Harri 02-28-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aunt kymmie (Post 334743)
Just checked, as I'm placing an order...Red Tiger Lotus...out of stock :(

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
It's that Lisa chick's fault. Get her

JohnnyD44 02-28-2010 03:02 PM

Looks great Natalie!!!

Now now, Eric....weren't you the guilty culprit who cleared out SA's last stock when I was ready to order???

hmmmmm/????? :-) :-) :-)

LisaC144 02-28-2010 03:21 PM

Thank you for defending me against old Mean Harri, Johnny! haha. Kymmie, I would email them. It also said out of stock when I ordered mine and I emailed them and they were able to put 1 on the website for me to place with my order. Might work for you too.