Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   My Planted 29g Journal. ;) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/my-planted-29g-journal-38225/)

Austin 02-27-2010 08:50 PM

My Planted 29g Journal. ;)

2 Attachment(s)
Just felt like maybe taking a picture once a week so I can see growth and you guys can all see it. ;)

2/24/10 - Plants arrived
Attachment 9221

2/27/10 - Water Change
Attachment 9222

I'll post one pic a week of the whole tank after my water changes which I do Saturday. :)

Edit: Looking at the pics I notice some growth...which I didn't notice without. :p that's why this helps me. ;)

LisaC144 02-27-2010 10:32 PM

Ludwigia repens has noticably filled out a bit....looking good, Austin.

aunt kymmie 02-28-2010 12:17 AM

Looking really good, Austin. You did a nice job. I like the idea of you taking shots once a week, documenting plant growth, and sharing pics with us. :)

(Ps. How about all this crazy rain we are getting?!)

Austin 02-28-2010 02:34 AM

@both of you: =D Thanks.

I thought it would help me actually be able to tell if there was any noticeable growth... Which, without pictures I wouldn't notice since I look at it all the time... (It's like 5 feet from my bed... :p )

@Lisa: I did notice the Ludwigia Repens growth! :D If I hadn't had pictures I wouldn't have noticed that. It looks a lot healthier than it did in that picture after I first planted it! (And apparently that plant needs high light... which I don't think I have... I think I have moderate-low light)

@Kymmie: Thanks! :) Thought it would be a cool thing to see how the plants progress (or die D: I hope not tho!) from week to week. Also, I love the rain!!! :D Though I don't really have to go anywhere in it, so I'd probably dislike it if I had to drive places when it was pouring. But I love hearing it rain and watching it. :) Cus it barely rains in cali normally.

Btw, random, but when I was typing this post, I saw a platy fry dashing towards the bottom of the tank away from the fish. I am 99% sure it wasn't eaten... and now im 100% sure because as I was typing that I saw him, I saw him again.. or a different one... darting to the bottom into my dwarf sagittaria. I swear this batch of platy babies are trying to drive me insane... I keep seeing them, and then they disappear when I go to catch them! And then they reappear later. T.T Caught 7 total... last batch I caught like 20 easily. None of them did this to me! D:

stephanieleah 02-28-2010 03:01 AM

looking great, austin! are the sides of your tank black, too?

those lucky, happy fish : )

Sinopa 02-28-2010 02:06 PM

What a beautiful tank! Looking forward to more pictures!

Austin 03-06-2010 10:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wish I had a better pic... For some reason my pics always turn out ugly...

I don't notice much differencee but heres a pic from today:

March 6, 2010: After W/C

Attachment 9529

I notice everything looks better from last week. think it's the way the pic was taken. T.T

This pic is not as bright and looks better...

Attachment 9530

All pictures withing 5 minutes lol.

And thanks angel! :)

Angel079 03-06-2010 10:29 PM

Looking good!!! I am glad to see you go planted as well!!

Austin 03-06-2010 10:33 PM

Thanks Angel,

I think I'ma make some webpage for the pics so they can be seen better. I'll also try to get a better picture tonight sometime.

aunt kymmie 03-06-2010 10:33 PM

Austin, C'mon! That picture is not ugly! A see some slight growth happening. It's looking good! :-)