Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
-   -   mine and yours:):):) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/mine-yours-38168/)

fryup 02-27-2010 07:28 AM

mine and yours:):):)

2 Attachment(s)
this is my tank and the new male i got tday....i plan to keep some of the new fry so i got him to help to prevent inbreeding......anyone post your pics here and comment on ones you like :):):)

fryup 02-27-2010 07:42 AM

im going to post some more of my tank and my fish later on tnight .....feel free to post your pics :):):)

fryup 02-27-2010 12:48 PM

6 Attachment(s)
more of my fish and my tank :):):)

JohnnyD44 02-27-2010 12:52 PM

I like your set-up!! lookin' good

One word of caution, I would try and maybe get some more support under the right side of that aquarium....not having any support may add alot of stress to the right side of your tank because there is nothing to support it, your basically relying on glue and the black frame to hold it up.....just a thought!

fryup 02-27-2010 01:00 PM

yes im saving for a new set of drawers to put my tank on as ...just like your concerned i am too so this wont be here for much longer .....the new drawers will be bigger than the tank so will hold it better.....thanks for the concern.....by the way post some pics!!!!.... :D:D:D:D:D

Austin 02-27-2010 07:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The first one is my tank

Second is my new bumblebee platy. Someone posted on the forum with pics of one and I wanted one really bad. Then this mom and pop petstore had one I went to yesterday!! So I had to buy a male and female so i can breed them. :-P Have too many fish but I have a 10 gallon tank soon to be vacant I'll put a couple of my current fish in. :)

Third is my babies. I only count 4 platies but I had 7 I think 3 got outt... :X so idk waht ima do about that... maybe I'll move them for now.

Also, Nice new guppy! Lots of fish tho, be careful! :o

biokid101 02-27-2010 08:23 PM

oo nice fry and platy. i want one of those bumblebee playies now! they might have all black babies if u breed them for a couple of generations.

Austin 02-27-2010 08:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ya! They are beautiful I think. :) Here's some pics from yesterday of em...

Only got 1 female thooo but hoping I can catch most of her babies when she has them. The only male platy is the bumblebee platy now. Hoping I can get lots of the babies. Paranoid she might die since she's new though and I won't be able to find anymore. But she's healthy as of now.

Since he's the only male I'm interested to see what the babies will be when he crosses with the other platies... Red Wag platy, twin bar platy, blue sailfin platy, and the white mickey mouse platy.

biokid101 02-27-2010 08:33 PM

they r really nice and keep us up on the fry!! i wanna know what they look like! a bumblebee wag platy a twin bee platy or a white bumble mouse platy :) :)

Austin 02-27-2010 08:37 PM

I will, once I get fry from him... prolly be a few months before then.